[CLOSED] Doing Read4Reads! (Reviews Also)

Hi! thank you so much for this, actually in the customization they can’t change the eye color which is the important part for the story, besides that I recommend to leave the character as it is, but it really doesn’t affect the story if they change the other parts lol

1 Like

Your story sounds pretty cool! I’m excited to read it! How many chapters would you like to exchange and would you like a review?

1 Like

3 chapters! And yes please :heart_eyes:

Alright! I’ll get back as soon as possible!

1 Like

Story Review for My Best Friend Next Door

I liked the little quote you used as an introduction at the very beginning! It gave me a gist of the storyline and a general vibe. Although there was not customization in this story, I really felt like I could connect with the main character personally.

Directing: Most of your directing was clean, but I do have a few suggestions. One, I think you should include some sounds, zooms, pans, etc. to bring your story to life! Two, I noticed in Episode 1 that when the two characters kissed or hugged, they were a little far apart. Make sure to bring them a little closer so it doesn’t look like they’re kissing/hugging air :joy: .
Plot: I found it super easy to connect with the main character! I saw very amazing character development. Each character had their own personality and relationships with other characters. I also enjoyed the suspense of finding out who the “new guy” was.
Grammar: I didn’t see many spelling/ grammar mistakes. There were a couple sentences with no ending punctuation at the beginning of the story, but I think you fixed that problem later on.
Other Suggestions: One huge thing I noticed was that there were very few zooms used. You used spot directing the get the characters further away from the camera. My advice is, zoom in on the two characters so they can be the center of attention! Another suggestion I’d like to give is CHOICES! I didn’t see many choices in the first couple episodes. From what I’ve heard from many readers is that people tend to like choices that impact the story. Even if you don’t want to do this, I still suggest implementing a few small choices so the reader can choose the main character’s actions.

Thank you so much! This was really helpful! :heart:

1 Like

Story Review for Living A Dream

To start things off, I just wanted to say that I was really amazed by this story. I don’t say this a lot, but I basically everything that I saw was FLAWLESS! The plot of your story was so interesting and easy to follow and the directing along with it just helped tell the story better.

Directing: As I stated before, the directing I saw was very advanced and flawless! You used a variety of animations to employ the characters mood and emotions. I noticed amazing off-the-shoulder shots and great overlays! I loved the simultaneous directing with the animations and narration! I also loved how you included countless background characters to help each scene seem more realistic. And of course, how could I forget the zooms to focus on certain characters!
Plot: The plot of your story was easy to follow as well as interesting to read. This might sound weird, but it felt like I was feeling Mila’s emotions. For example, I “felt” a very strong bond between Mila and her best friend. I think what helped it was the numerous animations to portray each character’s thoughts and emotions. I really liked the thought bubbles that we implemented. It was kind of like dramatic irony where the audience knows something that the other characters don’t! I also noticed choices that could potentially affect the storyline where the reader could choose Mila’s actions.
Grammar: I did not see many grammar or spelling mistakes. The only thing that popped out to me was how you spelled “thanks” as “thanx”. I wasn’t sure if it was intentional, but this spelling was reoccurring. I assumed that maybe it looked more informal to spell it that way for the speech bubbles, but I wasn’t entirely sure. :sweat_smile:
Other Suggestions: I’m really sad that I can’t give you any suggestions because your story was absolutely amazing! :sleepy:

1 Like

Thank you so much!
You did such a detailed review, I really appreciate it!
:smiley:

1 Like

Hi! I see you have really a lot of requests already, but I’ll still leave here my story details :slight_smile: I’d like to do a R4R, let me know when you have some time xx
Author Insta: @bonniedundee.epi
Title: Game Of Disguises
Style: Ink
Chapters: 4
Genre: Drama/Action
Brief Description: Two best friends have fun by disguising themselves as other people and attend luxurious and fancy events, but what happens when they find themselves in the wrong place and at the wrong time?
LBTG inclusive + Advanced Directing

Link:

1 Like

Hello! I’ve got a few to do, but I promise to get to you as soon as possible! Your story sounds like my type and I’m excited to read it!

1 Like

Thank you so much :heart: And don’t worry, take your time xx

1 Like

Hey, all! I’ve created a waitlist for those requesting a Read4Read/Review:

Click here to find it!

Story Review for Reputation

Wow! I really liked the splashes at the beginning and the custom Episode backgrounds! I loved how you incorporated zooms. I also liked the narration you gave to help the readers understand each character and they relationship with Aurora.

Directing: Most of the directing was flawless! You used zooms, animations, pans, sounds, etc. to help tell the story accurately. The zooms helped create a lot of suspense and made your story seem lifelike! All the animations correctly portrayed each character’s emotions and actions.
Plot: This story plot was definitely interesting to read! Who wouldn’t want to read about a famous actress running from her past life?! :joy: I found this plot extremely unique and it was nice seeing though a celebrity’s eyes. I noticed that you used a lot a narration to help introduce the characters. My advice is to use animations while the narration is happening so you are both showing and telling (though, it’s better to show more and tell less).
Grammar: There aren’t many grammatical errors, but there are some instances where commas should be used. I think there was one time when you spelled “co-star” as “co-start” which was presumably a mistake :joy:. There are some other instances where the apostrophe (’) should be used. Like when someone said “Let’s” it should include an apostrophe instead of just “Lets”.
Other Suggestions: Something very important to note, is to use various sentence structures. Think about each character and their personality. Each character should be talking in a different way and should have a different effect on the reader.

Alright! I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible!

Aw, thank you! Next time, I’d prefer if you’d PM me the screenshots just because I don’t wan this thread to be flooded with them. :joy::heart:

Story Review for Demigoddess

First off, I loved the custom-made splashes at the beginning of the Episode. The directing of your story was on point! You used various animations to portray each character’s personality and relationships with the other characters!

Directing: From what I saw, the directing was pretty clean. I loved the simultaneous directing. You used spot directing, great animations, zooms, pans, and sounds! When you used spot directing, I didn’t see any common errors such as incorrect layers which amazed me. I loved how you incorporated zooms to show a character’s spotlight and focus on things.
Plot: Though I might be biased because I’m a huge fantasy fan, I really enjoyed reading this story. The plot was easy to follow and each episode left me wanted more! I really liked how choices severely impacted the story line. Readers tend to like stories where they can “choose their own destiny” to reach their own ending. Oh, and how could I forget the LGBTQ+ themes you put in your story!
Grammar: There are only a few grammatical errors that I saw. Some of them were just misplaced commas. However when you use ellipses (…) make sure that there are 3 dots :joy:. I know it sounds like it’s not a big deal, but only putting two dots like “…” can make the reader wonder whether you accidentally put an extra period.
Other Suggestions: I noticed you used a lot of transitions in your story. I think maybe it was a bit overused, mostly because a reader won’t like seeing the same repetitive thing every time. For example, in the first Episode, there was a texting scene. You used "@ transition fade out/in black " each scene change from the original background to the phone background. I would recommend just a static scene change for this example mostly because the MC is just checking her phone.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :heartbeat::heartbeat:

1 Like

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Can we do 2 chapters? And can you do a review? I really need some fresh eyes to see some mistakes and such lol
Read your 2 and sent pics on Instagram :smile:
Take your time! I know you’re busy!

Title: DD: Some Sort of Love
Author: LameCast
Genre: Romance
Style: Limelight
Episodes: 2! Please don’t read 3. It’s being worked on still.
Description: Baby is determined to provide fun in the sun at Luna Resort! A cascade of characters have come to the island to make memories and maybe a few . . . mistakes?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6064098849980416
Instagram: lamecast.episode

0SMALL0LARGE

Oh yay! It’s great to see someone who finally entered the Dirty Dancing contest!

1 Like