Doing Story Reviews :) [CLOSED]

Hey! So I’m supposed to be on a break from doing art requests but I’d still like to help the Episode community in some way so I decided that I’m doing… STORY REVIEWS!!!

I’m a very honest critique, so unless you don’t like criticism, I suggest you don’t share your story here.

Although… I do give constructive feedback :thinking:

Here’s the information I need:
(Some are optional)

Form

Name of the story:
The Author:
Description/ Synopsis:
Episodes: (How many episodes you’d like me to read.)
Cover: (Optional, you can even ask me to review your art if you’d like :slight_smile: )
Focus: (Optional, I can check your story for specific things like grammar/ spelling mistakes or even directing mistakes.)
The Link: (Optional, if you haven’t published your story yet.)

Of course, it’s going to be first come first serve, so wait patiently if there’s someone infront of you.

I’ll PM you my thoughts on your story with positive comments, as well as some negatives - preferably more positives than negatives .

One RULE:
Don’t get mad at me if you think my feedback is too harsh, I already said that if you don’t like criticism then you don’t have to post your story here.

AND PLEASEEE note that I infact do have a life and I don’t do story reviewing often.

Story Count: 23, be patient.
Progress: 7/23

Edit: (PLEASE READ)

I decided to stop doing story reviews because a lot of people were requesting for them and I kind of lost track as to which story I’m supposed to be on now.

Optional

My first and new story: One, Two, Three
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6158979614769152
Since I’ll be doing some reviews on some people’s stories, maybe you could check out mine which I recently published? You don’t have to, but if you’d like to, hit me up with them harsh feedback tho :wink:

5 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since you’re giving reviews. If you have questions about anything, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

1 Like

Here’s mine:
Title: Dreams and Nightmares
Author: Dreamer
Genre: Romance
Style: Ink
Description: Scarlet had a rough past and it looks like it’s not getting better after she was bought by some mysterious guy. Will she ever turn her life from a nightmare to a dream?
Episodes: 10 (more coming soon, I’m trying to update once a week) Review as many as you want and as many as you have time for :slight_smile: I don’t want to rush you.
Updates to this story: Dreams and Nightmares - my first story
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5452320906543104
Focus: It would be great if you could focus on characters, so their personalities and their development because I put lot of work in those and I’m not sure if the reader really gets them. Maybe also tell me what you thought while reading (what made you laugh/angry/sad/…)

Thanks so much for doing this! :slight_smile:

Cover:

1 Like

I would love to!

Genre: Adventure/Fantasy/Comedy (If that makes sense)
Title: Save Me, Hero!
Author: Turtle Cat!
Plot/Summary: After powerless Hero moves from a town where everyone has superpowers, she gets kidnapped by a group of fugitives who are forcing her to join them. What will she do?
Style: Ink
I published this a few days ago, so it only has 3 episodes.
Cover:

HERE’S THE LINK!
If you can, please review all three episodes and be honest!

1 Like

Name of the story: Living Among The Dead
The Author: Eva.T
Description: The fight for survival is on. Even then can you deal with the love, friendships and enemies thrown your way? CC
Episodes: 1-3, don’t mind x
Focus: I’d love your opnion on the story, help with grammar mistakes and errors with directing :sunny: Would also love to hear your thoughts on my characters personalities x
Cover:

I’d love to also hear your thoughts on my cover :smile:

Thank you in advance if you decided to review x

1 Like

Cool, I’ll make sure to focus on the characters more often, though I’ll still be “co”-focusing on everything else too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I :clap: will :clap: be :clap: HONEST.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: And take your time please, I can be patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

T :+1:H :+1:A :+1:N :+1:K :+1:Y :+1:O :+1:U :+1:

1 Like

I’ll make sure I stay on that focus :slight_smile:
And I review covers straight away - I think it’s great, it has background details and the zombies are well drawn. Although I have a small complaint about the shading/ lighting and color contrast. Since the background is dark, there should be more shading to their fronts and light at the back since there’s an explosion there emitting light, if you get what I mean? And their clothes are a tad bright seeing as the background is black. Although this doesn’t mean you can’t use it for your story, this is also feedback to develop your skills as an artist overall too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi love!

Name of the story: Crossed Paths
The Author: Dreamer
Description/ Synopsis: Mindy’s gone through a breakup and she doesn’t know how to move on. Everything changes when she meets Derek. Who is he? Can she learn to trust and love again? CHOICES MATTER!
Episodes: (How many episodes you’d like me to read.) 4 please
Cover: (Optional, you can even ask me to review your art if you’d like :slight_smile: )
Focus: (Optional, I can check your story for specific things like grammar/ spelling mistakes or even directing mistakes.)
The Link: (Optional, if you haven’t published your story yet.)

2 Likes

Thank you! Will definitely take that into account when it comes to a new cover! Thank you for the advice and pointers, much appreciated :sunny:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll give you a review as soon as I finished the rest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problemo (btw I am planning to edit chapters 1 to 7 so if you spot any errors do feel free to inform me)

1 Like

Thank you so much for doing this.:slight_smile:

Name of the story: The Four Horsemen
The Author: S_Unique
**Description/ Synopsis:**4 Sins. 4 Angels fell. 4 Horsemen rose. A curse was casted. And the battle of good vs evil is about to begin. CC/ Choices matter
Episodes: at least 3
Cover:

Focus: Directing
The Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5482099054608384

2 Likes

I already read it and i love it!

1 Like

Will do.

1 Like

Wiiilllll read it soon, I’ll PM you my thoughts :hearts:

1 Like

Name of the story: Remember Me
The Author: Mila.episodes
Description/ Synopsis: When Dean bumps into his ex/first love, she doesn’t remember who he is. Turns out she got her mind erased of him. Will Dean be able to move on and forget her too?
Episodes: 3
The Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4695845464571904
Cover:
[front%20cover%20for%20forums%20(5)

cover%20for%20forum

Thank you for reviewing my story! :blush:

2 Likes