Dona’s Honest Story Reviews! (GET FEEDBACK ON YOUR STORY) [CLOSED TO CATCH UP]

hello beautiful people! :tulip:

welcome to my review thread! it’s pretty self-explanatory; i’ll just be giving very honest reviews on your story :upside_down_face:

if you want a story review, please fill out the form below :point_down:t4:

STORY REVIEW FORM

Story Title:
Story Genre:
Story Description:
Author Name:
# Of Episodes:
Link:

here is the rubric i will be following when reviewing your story. :point_down:t4:

STORY REVIEW RUBRIC

Story Title •
Cover Rating •
Description •
Directing Rating (Spotting/Animations/Zooms/Speechbubbles/Overays •
Chapter Length •
Choices •
Will I Continue Reading •
Overall Rating •

that wraps up about everything i need to say. happy reviewing! :grin:

Only read the first episode as the other episodes are not finished yet.
Story Title: After Coffee
Story Genre: Romance
Story Description: While going on your usual morning coffee round you bump into EastSide High’s new guy. Is this just the beginning?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5940797442228224
Author Name: s.n
Covers:

Large Cover

IMG_2816

Small Cover

Hey @Dona_H, nd thank you for doing this! I would love it if you reviewed my story. :hugs:

Story Title: Soccer Moms: Blast to the Future
Author Name: Winter05 with Episode Royalty
Customization?: Limited
Style: INK
Genre: Drama
Episodes: 6 [COMPLETE]
Story Description: All it takes is one shot to change your whole life. Win or lose, nothing will ever be the same.
Instagram Names: @winter05.episode with @penroyalty
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6395210318086144

~ Winter :snowflake:

hey @stxphanix! i finished reading episode 1 of your story! here is my review on After Coffee :revolving_hearts:

REVIEW

Story Title: After Coffee
Author: @Stxphanix
Plot Rating: 7/10
Directing Rating: 4.5/10
What I Liked About Your Story: I liked that the story jumped right into, and there wasn’t an author introduction/character customisation in the beginning. I don’t mind those things but I think starting the story right away is better. :slight_smile:
I also like that you incorporated diversity into your story and you had good grammar.
The plot seems good. :wink:
What I Disliked About Your Story: The directing was could use some work. There were a few spot errors, animation errors, zoom errors, and transition errors. I noticed the fade transition was kind of flashy, instead of smooth. There were occasional random pauses.
Overall Opinion: Your story is overall good. I looovee the plot idea! I just recommend that you work on the directing a bit more, although directing can be complicated and hard to understand. When Charlotte bumped went to class, I sort of predicted there was going to be a project and she would be partnered with the guy she bumped into, make sure your story can be a little unpredictable! :wink:
Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Thank you I’ll try fix my directing errors. Thanks for the advice.

Hey! Thanks for creating this thread! I’d love to get a review!
Story title: Let the demon inside
Author: Nierido
Genre: Supernatural romance
Description: You have to move back to Dimwood. What will you find there? Love, death or supernatural friends?
Number of episodes:5
Story style: Limelight
Link:http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4876381520789504

hey @wintermoon05! i’ve taken the time to review your story! here is my review on Soccer Moms: Blast to The Future! :revolving_hearts:

REVIEW

Story Title: Soccer Moms: Blast to The Future
Author: @WinterMoon05
Plot Rating: 8.5/10
Directing Rating: 10/10
What I Liked About Your Story: I loved the plot of your story! I’ve only read the first episode, but I will definitely be reading the rest. I like that you ended the story on a cliffhanger, and added a little mystery into it with the woman that came into Aly’s hospital room. Your story is definitely unique, nothing cliché to be found. :smiley:
What I Disliked About Your Story: There’s nothing that I really disliked about your story. Nice job! :grin::+1:t4:
Overall Opinion: I think you have published an amazing story along with your friends. It’s a short story that adds in a lot of different genres (comedy, romance, drama, mystery). I saw nothing wrong with the directing and there was obviously a lot of effort put in. :wink:
Overall Rating: 9/10

Ah, thank you so much!! I’m happy to hear you’ll continue. Thank you for taking the time for this review. :blue_heart:

hey @nierido! i’ve taken the time to review your story. here is my review on Let the demon inside! :revolving_hearts:

REVIEW

Story Title: Let the demon inside
Author: @Nierido
Plot Rating: 9/10
Directing Rating: 9/10
What I Liked About Your Story: I looveee your plot idea. I also like your usage of overlays throughout the episode, too. I also like how you introduced Din and Kole first before introducing the Alanna. This story leaves me wondering about a lot of things and making conspiracies in my head. :grin:
What I Disliked About Your Story: There were a few grammatical errors as I was reading. Some were minor such as forgetting to put punctuation marks. Also try to stay away from adding too many punctuation marks. It makes the story look a little unprofessional. :wink:
Overall Opinion: Greaaaat plot. I loved the characters and their personalities, Kole made me laugh. :joy: Directing was fine, too. Somebody grammatical and conventional errors but nothing too bad.
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Thank you so much! I really happy that you like it and it means a lot for me! I’ll work on my grammar!

Hello! If I can have a feed back about my story it’s going to help me a lot !
Title: The Bad boys from YOKAI clan
Genre: Romance/ Adventure
Description: a French student in art got a pretty life and goal: she want to travel all around the world ! But what’s going to happen when a feisty bad boys appeared from nowhere and mess with her life ? Countain a lot of ethnicity and an angry woman
Autor: Ly

of episodes: 4 ( ongoing )

Link: ( sorry don’t know how to do this )

( not this cover yet )

hi @lyautor! i’ve read the first episode of your story, here is my review on The Bad Boys From YOKAI Clan! :revolving_hearts:

REVIEW

Story Title: The Bad Boys From YOKAI Clan
Author: @Lyautor
Plot Rating: 6/10
Directing Rating: 5/10
What I Liked About Your Story: I liked that your story had a lot of asian people in it! I’ve never read a story that is primarily another race other than white. The characters were very interesting & I like that you added background characters. :slight_smile:
What I Disliked About Your Story: There were a few too many errors, regarding directing, conventional, and grammatical. I see that english isn’t your first language, maybe try getting someone’s to proof read your script! The characters would go into different spots randomly and sometimes I would get confused. Also, there was too much narrating in your story. Instead of explaining every detail in narration boxes, show that through your characters and their actions.
Overall Opinion: Overall I think your idea is fine. Try steering away from the cliché bad boy & good girl narratives. Really loved the Asian/Paris setting! Be careful of grammar errors.
Overall Rating: 6/10

This thread seems so cool. :grin: Loving the organization!

Story Title: Lawa Bay
Story Genre: Mystery
Story Description: With a serial killer on the loose, the small northern town of Lawa Bay is forced to find and apprehend the murderer before another death occurs.
Author Name: KC
Episodes: 4 (ongoing)
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5587930321387520
Covers:

Small Cover

Lawa_Bay_0R_posterThumb_AuV5GQgGv4

Large Cover

Lawa_Bay_0R_posterThumb_AuV5GQgGv4

Please get back to me as soon as possible! :blush:

Thank you for making this thread! I’d like to requests a review!
Story Title: Trapped
Story Genre: Drama/Romance
Story Description: Your parents chuck you into Bellthorne Academy- a boarding school for only the richest. There you meet a mysterious stranger who assigns you on a mission for millions of dollars. CC.
Author Name: Meadowh
# Of Episodes: 8 currently
Link:

Here’s the cover:

Thanks again :two_hearts::two_hearts:

It’s really sweet of you to give of your time to review stories. Here’s mine
Story Title: The Bond of Three
Story Genre: Fantasy
Story Description: On the anniversary of their mother’s death, a tragic turn of events leads the sisters to discuss a family secret of magical proportions. Thus they spiral into a world of magic, mystery and danger.
Author Name: Chloie K
Number of Episodes: 3
Link:: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5863611368341504
photo The Bond of Three Cover Art_zpsivq5l0ed.jpg

Story Title: The Pregnancy Curse
Story Genre: Comedy
Story Description: Being the bad boy always seems like fun and games, but for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Too bad Tristan Stuart realized this way too late. [Male MC]
Author Name: Dr.Smile
Episodes: 2
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6624440286052352

And thank you for this thread. <3

Thank you so much for creating this thread :blush: I’d love some feedback on my story!

Story Title: Maybe Someday
Story Genre: Romance
Story Description: When Kinsley moves to Italy for the chance of a lifetime, she leaves behind Neil, who’s been in love with her since their childhood. What happens when she finally returns? ~Male MC~
Author Name: Akanksha S.
# Of Episodes: 4
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4911752269922304

Hey, thank you so much for creating this thread. I would love to get a review.:slight_smile:
Author: S_Unique
Title: The Four Horsemen
Genre: Fantasy
Style: Ink
Nº of episodes: 6
Description: 4 Sins. 4 Angels fell. 4 Horsemen rose. A curse was casted. And the battle of good vs evil is about to begin. CC/ Choices matter
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5482099054608384

Thanks for this thread! :smile:

Title: You, Me And The Beat
Genre Drama
Author: Anna
Episodes:3/ongoing
Description:
Money. Power. Travelling. What happens when you lie to your overprotective Dad to fulfill your dream of becoming a singer. But watch your step… your secrets will catch up…
LINK:

Demi_Lovato_uR_posterThumb_MKBG1jPenU

hi @kcpopcore! i’ve taken the time to read your story, here is my review on Lawa Bay! :revolving_hearts:

REVIEW

Story Title: Lawa Bay
Author: @KCPopcore
Plot Rating: 10/10
Directing Rating: 10/10
What I Liked About Your Story: Wow! I loved basically everything about your story! I love the idea, you have great vocabulary, and the directing is amazing. I’ve only read episode one but this is a story I’m definitely adding to my favourites to read later! Well done! :grin::+1:t4:
What I Disliked About Your Story: There wasn’t really anything I disliked about your story. Once again, well done! :yellow_heart::sparkles:
Overall Opinion: I think this story is really great. The idea and the execution of the idea is done amazingly! I love Joey and her personality, haha. Continue what you’re doing because it’s going great for you! :smiley:
Overall Rating: 10/10 - :star2: