"Don't Call Me Angel" - New Featured Story in Beta by Arrows (Originally "Her Innocence")

I assume you still get the regular 1 gem for finishing a chapter? lol

1 Like

I haven’t read it yet, but I assume so

I’ve got that too, but with Love on Fire.

1 Like

This story is okay, but it serves to remind me why stories with point systems don’t work well as Featured stories IMO. Some of the gem choices tend to favor Tian/Devil points costing gems. I’m not sure how the story ends yet but I doubt the point system would matter a lot since the finales are rewritten to fit with the chapter limit

In the end you could either choose Tian, Henning or let the points decide, as it did in the original. The points detemined whether you could unlock some scences dialogues

I chose Tian because I knew that since I didn’t spend gems and didn’t flirt at all, I would get stuck with Henning. Henning was kind of toxic and controlling with an underlying current of creepy misogyny (threatening to get the MC kicked out of college because another guy spoke to her was an absolute point-of-no-return dealbreaker for me), so I picked the lesser of two evils. :imp:

1 Like

That’s good to know. My point still stands though, if players can choose who they want to be with in the end, what’s the point of keeping a point system, besides keeping much of the charm of the original?

It make it seems like if players had not used non-gem choices (I haven’t played the original that far, so I don’t know how much the point system influences the story) they would end up with a considerably crappy ending compared to the more desired one

1 Like

I have to say, I agreed with this for quite a while. Like, why am I going through all this work of creating a point system if I let readers choose their ending?

Simple answer: I was annoyed by so many people, asking me if they could choose their ending or complaining that they wouldn’t like this or that ending (without even knowing it yet :smile:) etc. So, I figured, why not give everyone the kind of fun they want? Those who want to play by points, get a surprise ending. And those who like to play it save, get their wish, too. No harm, no foul :woman_shrugging:t2:

I, personally like to work with points and different endings but I also enjoy, making different scenes for different choices. So, to me this was the best solution I could come up with. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just found this story on the app. Honestly I accidentally stumbled upon it. The cover has changed now.