Don't understand error! Please help. x

Hi, I have the code (below) and don’t understand the error. I have used ‘if’ ‘elif’ depending on whether they chose the correct choices.

choice
“Learn to control the power that I have bequeathed onto you and you will be rewarded with life.”{

READER
She said to me:
'Learn to control the power that I have bequeathed onto you and you will be rewarded with life.'

}

READER
(What else did she say?)

choice
“Fail and the blood will be on your hands. You have been warned!”{

}

readerMessage

if (chose_Learn_to_control_the_power_that_I_have_bequeathed_onto_you_and_you_will_be_rewarded_with_life){

INSTINCTPOINT +1

}elif (chose_Fail_and_the_blood_will_be_on_your_hands._You_have_been_warned!){

INSTINCTPOINT +1

}

You need to have an else

Like:

if (xyz( {
stuff goes here
} elif (xyz) {
This is only if you have three or more options
} else {
Anything that hasn’t been stated above will be assumed here.
}

I can see a lot of errors in what you posted above but sometimes the forums can mess up coding. Can you post a screenshot of your script so I can see the real errors?

Good morning!
So the Reader has just had a conversation with someone and I am quizzing them on whether they remember they had said. So, I’ve put the 4 choices as below:

I’ve just seen that I don’t need to put in ‘if’ ‘eflif’ and ‘else’ because I can award the reader an INSTINCTPOINT if they click on the first choice.

But now another error has popped up funny enough.

I do have the { on line 205 to the } on line 221 where the first choice ends.

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much! I’ve now scrapped the ‘if’ ‘elif’ stuff because I’ve found that I can just award an INSTINCTPOINT for a particular choice that they choose.

1 Like