Early Access or Skip-The-Wait

Hey! I’m a new author who has a question about gems :joy:

I would like to know which option do you prefer (as a reader or writer) between EA and STW, I would really appreciate it if you shared your point of view in the comments below :relaxed:

• Early Access
  • Skip-The-Wait

0 voters

6 Likes

Neither! I find that in really annoys readers when doing either :unamused:

9 Likes

agree, I hate episode have added it and will never use it myself.

4 Likes

Skip-the-wait is the actual worst, because you get f*cked over even if you’re the type to only read completed stories.

I personally don’t mind early access too much, though I think it would bother me if an author used it for every single chapter.

2 Likes

I was going to put the “neither” option but I figured everyone would go for that one :joy: Thanks for replying :relaxed:

3 Likes

I hate it too. I don’t really want to add them, this is just in the weird case I do :relieved:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely keep that in mind :smile:

2 Likes

Skip-the-wait is definitely worst, I don’t want to pay for a chapter that was released something like a year ago, the gem cost is way too much and I already spend so many gems on early acces. Sometimes I find some stories that I like but with with which I’m not engaged enough to assiduously follow, but when I enter them and found out they’re using the Skip the wait feature, it makes me give up on those stories entirely

2 Likes

Plus it’s way too expensive😱 paying 6 F**cking gems for 2 poor already released episodes… When in early acces you have at least something new and I kind of understand the concept… But 6 gems… It’s definitely not worth it…

1 Like

None, tbh.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t like both. I only like the ‘support the author’-option.

7 Likes

I really hate it too. It’s like every story now has it and I have to read a story completely or I forgot about it and never come back to it

1 Like

If I HAD to choose, EA it is.

3 Likes

I’m a neither but in a pick or chose situation I would take EA. at least with EA I can still binge read. I’ll just forget your story exesists for a few weeks and then I’ll read it ‘when I remember’. STW however means, no service from me. I recently ended this really good story I was reading because after chapter 20 or so, I got tired of 6 chapters in 11hrs when it will take maybe 1 hr straight to read those 6. So yeah EA if needed,

2 Likes

Hey Moonspike!

Just wanted to give my two cents. I use Early Access for new chapters. I’d suggest using it as it definitely helps with trending. You could do double updates and make the first one free to read and the second Early Access.

I’ve been using Skip-the-Wait on my completed stories since the feature was released and it has made them trend in the Top 100 for their respective genres for a few solid weeks now. Usually, they fluctuate between 60-110 ish and my reads have climbed since using this feature! Both of these stories have been completed for over one year now and Skip-the-Wait has been a great way for me to get new readers on past content.

I wouldn’t recommend using Skip-the-Wait on ongoing stories, that can have a negative effect on your retention. (At least in my case :sweat_smile:)

Don’t think of any complaints you may or may not receive. How many hours do you put into coding? How long do you spend on writing one episode? If adding Skip-the-Wait or Early Access can increase your chances at being found on the app, I’d say do it!

At the end of the day, you need to decide what you feel is best for you :white_heart:

6 Likes

Neither. I don’t like it when authors add the skip the wait option every 2 chapter.

1 Like

Now that’s a great idea, I may on not like EA but to me this is a good idea.

2 Likes

How many gems will do you spent on 2 chapters that probably would be released in 3 hours?

1 Like

Thank you so much, Kylie! I really appreciate you taking the time to give this amazing advices and talk about your experiences, it helped me a lot :relaxed:

1 Like