Early Access soon to be available to all Creators

Ooh not a bad idea
Just to clarify, though, there is a limit on how long it lasts, right?
:unamused: I really don’t want some authors make it so that we have to wait 3 months to read an episode

12 Likes

No thanks, you do you. But i am already so long about makeing a new chapter. An adding an extra week arent good in my opinion.

5 Likes

This is AMAZING!
Thank you so much :heart:

5 Likes

Ooh this is great! Instead of adding gem choices I could just add early access, nice. :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I think it’s a good idea but maybe there should be rules like you can’t do so many early access because some authors already do early access ever other chapter.

7 Likes

I’d rather that this early access feature wasn’t made to begin with; same with the “support the author” choices because I don’t like seeing the use of gem choices in community stories as if they were being featured. I had to remove several stories (thankfully, they were bad to me) from my app because I saw an unnecessary gem choice (yeah, I’m picky and maybe mean like that, sue me). To sum it all up again, I wish these gem features in community stories never existed.

24 Likes

I don’t understand this at all.

4 Likes

Agreed :grimacing:

1 Like

@Liz will the early gem choice count towards our gem count?

Yeah they’re the ones who were involved with the beta testing, not all authors had that access

1 Like

I agree with you 100%.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, I don’t necessary like the idea of gem choices being used in community stories because most readers don’t even spend gems on choices, let alone spend gems when it comes to “support the author” sometimes. Don’t get me wrong. some readers are kind enough to spend gems to support the author and may even spend a few on a choice, and they are very much appreciated. I still think gem choices are unnecessary though because it makes it seem like community stories are featured stories. As an author, that’s not the vibe I’m going for when writing a story. But hey, who am I to say something? :woman_shrugging:t4:

18 Likes

Rather than authors manually adding early access themselves, you can get Episode to do it automatically.

I think they mean, they don’t understand why episode are doing this and not just keeping things how they used to be.

5 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Same, but as writer my rank needs to stay up if I wanna be on the shelves one day, but trust we would be better off without gem options.

7 Likes

I am glad that its an option and we can decide if we want to use it or not.

2 Likes

So glad this feature came to stay! I love it :heart_eyes::heart:

1 Like

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:@Liz it seems its not working as you described.

My story had 45 published chapters (45 was published 2.2. - so more than 7 days ago).
I yesterday published 46 - the final chapter of the story and added early access - so if I understand right ONLY the last chapter should have been affected by the early access.

But I have a reader who for the purpose hasn’t read 45 after it was published and now I got DM that it is not allowing her to read without early access the last 2 chapters!!!
So I am fearing now that new reader to the story will get early access from the start.

Please can you check the system that it really doesn’t affect already published chapters?

As you can see the 45 in my portal looks like it’s not affected by it, but in reality it as it seems is.
No matter that I haven’t for purpose updated it to avoid readers having to reread it.

If it helps the story is Secret of the Necklace - I can send you the link if needed.

2 Likes

Everything has a double-edged sword, the positive side is to support the authors more and the bad side, the readers have no patience in reading the story :thinking:

Thank you.
Ayami.

2 Likes