Early Access soon to be available to all Creators

I am glad that its an option and we can decide if we want to use it or not.

2 Likes

So glad this feature came to stay! I love it :heart_eyes::heart:

1 Like

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:@Liz it seems its not working as you described.

My story had 45 published chapters (45 was published 2.2. - so more than 7 days ago).
I yesterday published 46 - the final chapter of the story and added early access - so if I understand right ONLY the last chapter should have been affected by the early access.

But I have a reader who for the purpose hasn’t read 45 after it was published and now I got DM that it is not allowing her to read without early access the last 2 chapters!!!
So I am fearing now that new reader to the story will get early access from the start.

Please can you check the system that it really doesn’t affect already published chapters?

As you can see the 45 in my portal looks like it’s not affected by it, but in reality it as it seems is.
No matter that I haven’t for purpose updated it to avoid readers having to reread it.

If it helps the story is Secret of the Necklace - I can send you the link if needed.

2 Likes

Everything has a double-edged sword, the positive side is to support the authors more and the bad side, the readers have no patience in reading the story :thinking:

Thank you.
Ayami.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with Early Access! The best and fastest way to get help with this is to contact our support team here: https://episodesupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Ask your reader to take and send you the screen shot of her story card or recording, it helps! Early access is shown at the end of the previous chapter so it can be confusing for some people. Like now they see the screen at the end of chapter 45. But if she indeed sees it at the end of 44 and it doesn’t let her read 45 it’s interesting.

3 Likes

When we will get these access

its already availible

1 Like

It is check the site

um what?

1 Like

Your episode portal site when you go to publish it is available.

I know its availible. I have said that already in my post above.

Quick question - if you edit a chapter while it’s on early access, will people have to re-read it?

if you have a chapter with early access and you edit that chapter and update it. would the readers that paid early access for it, have to pay gems for that chapter again?

I’m confused because I’m reading Never Cry Wolf, and this story has been out for quite some time
 But I can only read two episodes at a time. After that I have to wait 3 hours OR pay gems. What is this feature called? :skull_and_crossbones:

Skip-the-wait.

2 Likes

As a reader I know it’s not my place but I don’t really like early access. Sometimes I have to wait 6 days just to read one episode . If I just used gems it wouldn’t be worth it at all . It does get impatient sometimes. When I find a story I always hope it doesn’t have early access but I’m convinced all stories now have it . I don’t really use episode much like I used to because of this . I already support authors by giving them gems already .

1 Like

Here’s a few stories that the authors claim shouldn’t and should never contain Early Access or Skip-The-Wait Options (:

Any Stories That Don’t & Will Not Contain The ‘Skip-the-Wait’ or ‘Early Access’ Feature? (: - Community / Promote Your Story - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)

2 Likes

What is Early Access?

Oh I found it out nevermind.