Easter Eggs and references in your stories?

For all episode writers, are there any Easter Eggs or references that you have in your story(s) even if no one else gets them?

Tags:@Jae27 @hipsy_writes @Redrose2 @StoriesByRayna @jcwhisper.writes @k6tty | if you would like to be untagged let me know!

7 Likes

I’ve never thought about it before but now I might :eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s a really fun idea!! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Nope. It has never crossed mind

3 Likes

I like that idea :grinning::two_hearts:?

1 Like

My story isn’t out yet, but I’ve listened to “I think we’re alone now” by The Rubinoos a lot while writing, so I kinda started to put the lyrics here and there as little easter eggs lol (example : one parent screams “Children, behave !” in one scene). When it’s out, I hope to make a mini-clip compiling the moments where I used the lyrics + add the music ; don’t know if i’ll actually do it, but it’s in the back of my mind.

I also have some references to animes, and pop culture. One of them is having my characters being fans of an anime called “Attack on liliputians”, and the plot is : really tall people live between walls to protect themselves from really small people. Basically reversed Attack on Titans lmao

6 Likes

Depending on what choice you make during a spin the bottle game, one of my characters references the show Glee.

6 Likes

That’s really nice, I def also do this in my story!

As a huge fan of “Attack on Titan” this is a really cool Easter egg!! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

So cool!! I love Glee! :sparkles:

1 Like

In my story We Belong Together there are three characters who are freshmen cheerleaders who I decided to name after three major characters from the Dead Space game franchise.

Ellie:

Summary

Nichole:

Summary

Daina:

Summary

4 Likes

I’ve thought about adding Easter eggs which reference other stories of mine but then again idk…
I think some readers find such references kinda cringe and I’m quite reluctant to create questions in readers minds about the nature of the references I’m thinking of.

Can’t really elaborate without spoiling. Ugh. :skull:

3 Likes

I love your story :two_hearts:, but I definitely didn’t notice this, I wonder if anyone did :thinking:

1 Like

Doubt it. I mostly did it for my own entertainment.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

You can’t ever really satisfy every reader lol, I think adding such references would be really cool!

1 Like

Agreed.

1 Like

I know that, I actually don’t really plan to satisfy most readers anyway for many reasons but I guess sometimes I find such references kinda cringe in other stories when I read them. :new_moon_with_face::smiling_face_with_tear:

But I don’t think it’s a good idea anyways for my own references because what I’m thinking of would create too many questions about another story and it would link directly with what was supposed to be a “hidden ending” that hasn’t happened yet/may not happen. Sorry if that’s confusing lmao.

lol well I agree!

No, it isn’t confusing at all, I understand :smiling_face:

1 Like

Ohhh! I love this thread!
Well, I’m a huge Post Malone fan, so all the chapter titles of There’s No Accounting for Taste are named after PM lyrics, like “Now they always say congratulations”, or something like that.

My new story, Wrapped Around Your Finger, is named after a song from his new album, and it’ll also have both references to his songs and even to another musician who I recently started liking.

4 Likes

Wow! that’s so cool!! honestly love post Malone and that song!! :yum: :two_hearts:

1 Like

I have some of literary references in the story I’m writing. Subtle ones.

2 Likes