Easter Eggs and references in your stories?

Oh, I just remembered. In one of the dressing games all the outfits are named after song titles. And in my upcoming chapter, again depending on what you choose there is a reference to a well known breath mint probably not everyone will get. Fresh and full of life.

2 Likes

I’m bumping cause I’m curious if @AngelWings1983, @Mystic.Ceb, @Anustories and @Megz_Episode have any.

2 Likes

The teasers (readerMessages) are very important in all of my stories. They always give some Easter eggs and clues away. :innocent::smirk::zipper_mouth_face::clown_face:

2 Likes

The first names of the MC and LI make up the name of one of my favourite adventure game characters. It was the second thing I thought of after coming up with the idea for Death on the Beach.

2 Likes

I never thought of it . I think its a really smart idea.

1 Like

In the most recent chapter of my story, Wrapped Around Your Finger, one of the characters says that she’s bringing lasagna to the New Year’s Eve office party, and the MC thinks to herself, “Is the ‘g’ in lasagna actually silent?” This is a reference to the song 6 Foot, 7 Foot by Lil Wayne, because he says “Real Gs move in silence like lasagna”.

2 Likes

omg lol that’s actually a pretty good reference :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, I have several in my story. And some planned ones between my current and upcoming stories that allude to one another.

But one notable one is a quote from Shrek. Instead of making my MC say, “really.” she says, “really, really” in one scene. Actually, now that I think about it…In an upcoming story, I have another Shrek quote. A character has to choose between several numbers and the other says, “pick number two, milord.” I guess I really like Shrek, hm.

2 Likes

omg, so cool!! I love Shrek!!

1 Like

Yes! Shrek is the definition of quality. :grin:

1 Like

:unamused:

???

I love this thread and yes
I’m huge fan of cyberpunk2077 So there’s some references about this in my story

1 Like

As mentioned before, I have a bunch of subtle ones. One of them is a character attending a college called: Miskatonic University, a reference to HP Lovecraft’s book; Herbert West: Re-Animator.

2 Likes