Eat Me Up by Heli or Bite My Tongue by Alphan?

What’s your opinion on Bite My Tongue and Eat Me Up? Which one did you like more and why?

5 Likes

Both are pretty mediocre in my opinion. They follow the same "high school vampire falls in love with someone “different” trope. Don’t get me wrong, done correctly I think they can be great and my inner teenager would love it, but once you’ve read one, you’ve basically read the other.

If I had to pick, I’d choose Eat Me Up because I think Heli’s storyline is just substantially better and throws you through more turns. Plus, being entirely honest, I don’t like Alphan’s characters. They’re basically all the same story-wide and not very memorable. Her writing is good but her personal views/opinions overflow into her subject matter and can be insanely problematic (i.e: saying you’re not a man if you cry, threatening to hit women, generally making the LI’s treat the MC’s like literal garbage/making them bad people etc.)

19 Likes

I don’t mean to be rude, but neither. Bite My Tongue had a pretty weak first episode (in my opinion) and the first episode of Eat Me Up had a very long intro in episode 1 that made me stop reading. These high school vampire romances are getting old and boring, and I’d like to see an non-romance vampire story for a change.

10 Likes

omg i love them both, like just shoveling my gems at them at this point hahaha :gem::sparkles::fairy:t3:‍♀

2 Likes

I honestly love eat me up, there’s a lot of twists and things that you wouldn’t except and it’s very well directed and written.

4 Likes

I loooooove them Both :purple_heart:

2 Likes

exactly! I like eat me up more too!

1 Like

U are so right when i finished upside down i thought about it and i had so many question without answered 1) i dont remember his name but that Man hurted june he rapped her and he dated her sister then nothing happend hım and spencer didnt do anything about it too he deserved to go jail but i would choose heli atleast her li is funny

3 Likes

Emu. Imma teenager in high school & I rlly related to Ari, she’s generally rlly funny & characters like Max & Luca were also rlly funny n nice. The plot was also good and we were put thru sum real twists. It is v cliche just still enjoyable enough.

Bmt… was not so good. Celia as a character was rlly boring… she’s ur typical high school mc. Ngl I don’t rlly like alphan’s writing… the way everything is so dark… It’s not for me. Also, why the author outro every episode? Alphy is still a v talented writer, tho.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more! Emu is def better.
Celia is just so boring and too innocent. And those chapters were… Too much described? If you get what I mean. What I also didn’t like was that the first kiss between Winston and Celia happened around chapter 50.
But I have nothing against Alphan! She’s still a talented author, as you said.

1 Like

Episode 50?! Wtf?! That’s too slow! I love a slowburn, but I don’t want to wait that long just to see a first kiss. I’d rather read Bri’s stories for one. They’re better, in my opinion

7 Likes

Well brie’s stories are soo Good and she is so talented and i will be honest her stories are different from the clinge stories

2 Likes

Emu was slow but moved faster than that. 50? It’s meant to b a romance. Tbh it’s unrealistic, it doesn’t take that long. W alphan it moves soooo slow & then suddenly they’re kissing & in the next episode they’re in love… she is v talented tho

1 Like

Idk honestly, probably Eat me Up, cause I enjoyed it more than BMT, also Alphan is problematic ASF soo yeah

1 Like

Agreed, Spencer was such a trash LI and he didn’t deserve to get the girl in the end. He should have went to jail for hiding evidence and siding with his girlfriends abuser.

I’d argue that Alphan is the better writer since there are a bunch of silly mistakes in Heli’s writing, but at least her characters are good. I looooove Luca, the ending made me cry tbh.

3 Likes

Yeah, from one post I seen on Insta about the problem with her, she appears to be racist. I can’t read a story written by a racist author, no matter how good it may be.

3 Likes

She also blocked me on insta, but she’s like really problematic and not just that she’s a racist.
I used to like her, but from what I’ve seen, I changed my opinion on her :confused:

3 Likes

@aria5 I think you should blur the part where it contains spoilers and the topic may be triggering to some people too! :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah helis li and mc’s better than her all li’s also i read only upside down i didnt read another story she wrote but i am read heli’s stories they are cool

Yeah i should thanks

1 Like