Editing an overlay help

I’m trying to create an overlay right now of only the bottom half of my character. The only issue I ran into with this, is…well this:

Does anyone know how to get it to where I only have her bottom half without her hands being where they are? I’ve seen people do it, but don’t know how they did.

2 Likes

So you don’t like where the hands are placed? I don’t know how to help you but I’m just curious…

3 Likes

Most people do it as a custom pose

2 Likes

I’m trying to make an overlay where its just the bottom half, while they are still moving and talking. Like this:

2 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about overlays. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

@v.h_episode can you help @miya.epi with overlay bottom half without her hands were they are

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I actually would like to make the overlay myself, but I need someone to give a tutorial on how to create that pose :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:and Happy birthday :tada: :tada: :balloon: :confetti_ball: i think @v.h_episode can hep with overlay for you @miya.epi because she do alots different overlay pose

3 Likes

Awesome! And ahhhh tysm i wish I could enjoy it but my mom and I have covid, so i’ve been sick all day😔

2 Likes

you’re welcome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and god is with you and mom watching over you both making sure you’re safe and i so sorry

2 Likes

Hi! I use the “wounded” version of the legsup animation for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have an example? :slight_smile:

I have this!

I just took a screenshot of the character in the idle_sit_legsup_wounded_sad_loop animation and then used the remover tool in an editing site to cut out the top half of the character.

2 Likes

I’m using ink tho. I’m trying to get that pose from the screenshot of a story I saw it in, but idk how

It’s very easy, just take the legs you already have and also make a picture of any other animation which makes the legs visible (I’d recommend dance_jazzhands therefore). Cut the legs out and put it in front of the legs up pose. Then you just have to turn them to the same angle, remove the things which are too long and you’re done.

1 Like

Like this? Does this look right? Its my first time making a custom pose🥺

1 Like

It look right but you should probably add the foot underneath the leg and the lower leg of the leg which isn’t facing to the camera again

1 Like

Uhh…I’m lost😶

Also do you know why overlays gt blurry? My overlay was clear, and then once I was finished it wss blurry and not.clear

1 Like

I’m only using Ibis Paint for drawings, but maybe try it with a higher dpi. At least that helps when I draw

1 Like