Editing apps for overlays

Hello. I need a little help please. What is a good photo editing app to create an overlay. I was trying to make a treadmill overlay, and I spent a good amount of time cropping it out on PicsArt and as soon as I upload it, it has a white background. How do I get rid of that white background please? Thank you.

1 Like

You can always just do a google search for anything you want, and add ā€œpngā€ at the end of your search. Thatā€™s how I get all my overlays, so I donā€™t have to do a lot of editing.

Club-Series-Treadmill-m

When you search for a png you should be able to find anything you want without the white background

1 Like

Not sure if that one will work for you, but itā€™s just an example.

Wow, I never thought to search with png. Thank you so much. Now what about if the overlay canā€™t be searched? Like I created it, and it still has a white background even after edits?

I suggest using Pixlr Editor, itā€™s free and you can save your edit as a png.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you soo much. You two are life savers, lol.

1 Like

No problem, glad I could help :smiley:

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome!!

Okay, well I tried the trickā€¦and it didnā€™t work. :frowning:

When you click on an image, make sure the background is a white and gray tile background, thatā€™s how you know it wonā€™t have the white background

You could check out PicsArt- thatā€™s what I use for edits, though I havenā€™t been on it in a long time-they have cool stickers :smile:

Capture

like this

1 Like

5-2-treadmill-transparent

https://pixabay.com/ is also a good site to search up images and vectors

Hereā€™s an example from pixabay that you could use as an overlay, provided itā€™s the right size:

Ok, for some reason, itā€™s not showing up with no background, but a link to it:
https://pixabay.com/en/heart-outlines-prism-dashed-1138598/
(notice how behind the hearts there is a white and grey checkered pattern which means if you use it on Episode, provided itā€™s a png, ONLY the hearts show, not the background.)

Also, you could check out this thread, where I provide links to backgrounds and overlays from people in the episode community:

Remember if you use them, give credit to the lovely people who worked hard on them :purple_heart:

I hope this helps xoxo

3 Likes

I got it!!! :slight_smile: Thank you everyone

1 Like

Hereā€™s a website I found also for anyone else having trouble.

Moved to Art Resources as Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

1 Like