Élise's Book Club (Everyone is Welcome)!

Hey everyone!

Would anyone here be interested in started a book club or just a general book discussion thread? I love to read on Episode but I also love to read all kinds of different books and I’d like to start a group where we can discuss all of our current and favourite reads! I was thinking that this could be a place for group discussions, recommendations, and for reading goals and challenges! I’m always open to new ideas and I look forward to hearing about all of your favourite books! :hugs:

Feel free to tag anyone who may be interested!

My tags: @fraud @Danielle318 @JemU776 @elizabeth_writes @amberose @Annieways

If you would like to be added to this group, just let me know and I will add you to the group message :blush:

8 Likes

To get things started, here’s my reading challenge for this year. Feel free to join it with me or to post your own! :blush:

5 Likes

Oooh, this seems like fun!

For the first challenge, this year I read Scythe by Neal Shusterman. Basically, everyone’s immortal, so to keep the population in check the Scythes are tasked with killing people. It’s an awesome read, I totally reccomend it.

4 Likes

That’s a great series! My boyfriend introduced it to me because he really enjoyed it. He gave me The Toll for Christmas and I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet but hopefully I will soon😊

4 Likes

Also I’d love to see how you guys keep track of the books you read and your reading challenges! Personally I like to use my bullet journal😊

8 Likes

Wow! That looks really cool :heart_eyes:

I don’t keep track :see_no_evil: and I don’t read much at the moment. But can’t wait to get back into reading.

Books I’m currently reading/have on hold are:

• A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
  • Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson
  • Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari

Edit: Your handwriting is amazing! :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I love A Clash of Kings! I vowed that I would stop watching the show before they get ahead of the books so that there wouldn’t be any spoilers but I don’t know how much longer I can hold out for :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I watched them as soon as they were released! :joy: But I’ve heard the the show and books diverge so maybe not too many spoilers :yay: The first season was almost a copy of the first book :laughing:

2 Likes

I think that I watched the first three seasons but I’ll have to go back and watch it all again since it was a while ago. I hope that the next/last book will be released soon anyways :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i’m trying to read around 40 books till the end of the year. rignt now i’m on 6, but that’ll change!

i’m currently reading book called “dorotej”. it’s a book by serbian writer which i have to read for school.

some writers i’d recommend are agatha christie, margater atwood and andzej sapkowski x

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m trying to reach 50 for the first time ever so hopefully I’ll be up for it😶

I love Margaret Atwood! So far I’ve read The Handmaid’s Tale and Alias Grace by her but I really enjoyed both of them😊

3 Likes

I’d love to join!

2 Likes

This sounds amazing! I’d definitely love to join

2 Likes

Welcome @Danielle318 @kpineapple27 :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag, I probably won’t be joining because as much as I hate to admit, I don’t read books these days at all. I used to read a lot, but now I’m busy with other things and of course, I could find the time, but I don’t even try :sweat:

Anyway, I love your reading challenge ideas, and if you haven’t read them, I would recommend my two favourite books, both by George Orwell:

• Animal Farm

They would fit some of your challenges :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would like to join!

1 Like

Aw thanks!!

1 Like

Awesome I’ll add you to the group😊

1 Like

I’d love to join! I saw you had The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell on your good reads and that got me hyped! :sweat_smile: I read it all in the last two days (It was so good, I just couldn’t stop.) And the continued twists and turns had me hooked- it has really motivated me to read more mystery/thriller types of stories. Lol, don’t mind my ramble I just really love that book anyways I struggle with finding books I really like and this could help me find some! :blob_hearts:

1 Like