Embarrassing problem...forgot how to do text effect

I used a procedure I found online to create the overlay I use on my episode splash screens for a story I started several months ago. There’s a particular background I use, then I do a new overlay every chapter that contains the episode number and title.

The problem is, I can’t remember what the procedure is called, I didn’t bookmark it, and I only remember how to create a border around my text in a different color. I can’t remember the name of the part of the procedure that’s missing, but am pretty sure I’d recognize it if I saw it.

Here’s an example of an overlay I did previously:
WT%20CLS%20002%20TITLE

I create the text, make the border, rotate it, but I forget how to get yellow shadowy/hazy looking part. I vaguely remember creating a new layer, changing the size of it, and maybe using a drop shadow and adding the yellow color, but I think there’s other stuff as well. Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to achieve this effect, ideally in GIMP?

I’ve looked under ‘drop shadow’ but I can’t find anything that is as hazy looking as this is. So there must have been a tweak of some kind that I don’t remember.

This time around, I’ll make sure to bookmark the page!

Thanks a ton,

Kere

This might not help, if not I apologise and you can completely ignore this haha… but you can acheive the same effect using the text part on Ibis paint, you choose a text colour and a stroke colour and you can then thicken the outer line however thick you want it, and it has multiple fonts, you could easily make the text overlays there then upload them as overlays, :slight_smile:
examples of the text …
3410eafbd7ecf348540b4c77753708fe48596f64_1_362x499