Entering and exiting advanced

So I want my character to enter from one side and without stopping, walk all the way to the last zone and exit. All while spot directing and following throughout zones. I just cannot figure it out!

@RudeInception maybe you know? You seem to be the directing master .

Okay, I figured out how to walk in to zone 3 and pan, but not how to exit instead of stopping in the last zone :expressionless:

Hi :wave:t3:

So you’ll want to place your character offscreen in zone 1 if your character is at a specific spot direction. You do that by using a negative X integer:

@CHAR spot S -100 Y in zone 1

And then you just walk your character using regular walking commands. At the same time use the &pan to shift the screen:

&pan to zone 3
@CHAR walks to spot S 400 in zone 3

Using a high number like 400 will push the character offscreen on the right and make it look like they exited.

1 Like

PS: you don’t have to use the negative internet (-100) if the character is at a default size and position.

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.