Episode Art Standarts: Discussion. Precaution, insensitive subject. 💃

you can still tell someone to improve even if you’re not skilled at it.

Not real scenario so don’t get offended.

Pretend you’re not good at shading. I know what good shading looks like, and even though I myself am not good at it, i can still tell whether you’re good at it or not therefore i can say “hey, work on your shading a little bit.”

You can still know about lighting and where shadows go but you don’t have to know how to do it yourself.

2 Likes

and the picture doesn’t even prove anything - it just tells me what constructive criticism is.

It’s to help someone improve by criticizing them in a helpful way.

And you can still do that without being an expert about the subject yourself, smh.

im sorry but this is completely irrelevant. I didn’t say anything about not giving them or providing them with helpful information. I did not even bring that up, lmao.

you’re saying you cant criticize something if you aren’t good at it, and im explaining how that’s not true with providing other examples such as being a movie reviewer or a food critique.

no one even said this??

i dont see any comments saying that. No one said that it’s called constructive criticism if you dont give information or helpful advice.

lol.

3 Likes

dont say that someone opinion is useless. Everyone has the right to say what they want in their opinion, whether you agree or disagree to it, but dont say its useless. Give the person some tips on their opinion, dont just say “its useless”.

2 Likes

i see that one to but
eh just move on. :woman_shrugging:t3: Lets hear from more talented artist.

1 Like

@Epiexpert

1 Like

yeh xxx

Holy crap, I missed so much,

3 Likes

Lol

1 Like

I’m not an artist, but yeah. I agree. That’s why I only go to certain artists.

2 Likes

I agree. I’ve seen some artists ( I won’t mention names, but I think you know who I’m talking about) who doesn’t take any criticism.

2 Likes

i agree. if you keep praising horrible art the artist’s ego is gonna get high and think they’re the best in the world lol, imo we should start giving honest feedback so they’ll improve. obviously constructive criticism and say it in a nice way but u gotta be honest and dont sugarcoat it :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Whatever you said is fair and I see it too. I mean i’m not saying my art is any better but I try to improve and when i know my art isn’t great or at the point I want it to be i’m not gonna open up ny requests. I don’t really request from shops but my liking of an edit is examples from @Toxic.Dreams @puma @keiji @turtle_cat and so on.

One thing that bothers me
I really get annoyed when I give someone a tip for example “You could make your lines straighter” and they respond with like “my lines aren’t straight bc i’m using mobile or I was rushing” like why rush for an edit? Also I can make straighter lines “on phone” like just take the tip please and move on.

8 Likes

That shiz bothers me too!
I do art on my IPhone 6S and I have now trouble with getting my lines straighter. Sure they get blurry from time to time, but I find a way to make it work.

And thank you.:blush:

1 Like

This thread gave me an idea for this thread. Everyone who’s interested - welcome.

2 Likes

I have no clue what y’all are talking on (and I’m so sorry for this unnecessary comment :cry:), but thank you! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

No need because it’s the absolute truth

1 Like

I agree - to an extent. I personally thank the artist if they have given me a piece of artwork, because they did spend time on making it, whether or not it might look good to someone else. I might not always compliment how it looks, but I compliment the time they took to make it and show that I appreciate it - and give them the support to also grow as an artist (at least I hope that’s what I’m doing :sweat_smile:) I certainly have gotten a request received I wasn’t thrilled by, but it didn’t bother me too much - I requested it, so I use it. It’s the principle of the thing.
Hope that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.