Episode Classes (please refer to my latest topic for comment/questions)

I know this is a long-shot, but I think it would be fabulous to develop some sort of teaching/learning classes for new authors. This would include in-depth script writing, how to make cohesive outfits and character design (to an extent), how to write interesting and unique stories, etc. I know the forum exists solely to answer questions, but I think something of a tutoring system would be extremely helpful. It would be like a class that new authors can sign up for and have to submit assignments, like any other college class. Anyone agree or am I being crazy?

30 Likes

Oooh, I agree! And I’d be willing to be a teacher or student!

tags

@amberose
@AMagic
@Scarlet_Sapphire
@MelanieyM
(this is everybody that I remember >~<)

6 Likes

I’d love to participate! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, Sky :slight_smile:

@theladyinred007 I think it’s an interesting idea. If you could tell me more about your plan I could probably offer some help as a teacher?

3 Likes

Woah, I didn’t think anyone would be on board so quickly (this is awesome)! I haven’t smoothed anything out yet, but I can work on like a loose format for teachers and students that outlines what each person would do, how, and when.

4 Likes

I will love to join as a student, and also a bit of teacher, just if someone has questions I might answer them. But student for sure

3 Likes

Yeah that would be great. If I know more about your plans I could probably find a few of my author friends who would be willing to help out too

3 Likes

i support this! I’d def be up to teaching or being a student! it was so hard for me when i first joined episode and this would help newbies a lot! :heart:

2 Likes

I want it to be more than a Q & A, since that’s basically what the forum is for. I like the idea of having different rankings/levels of teachers, though (some could just be tutors for answering questions and helping through specific problems when asked, and others could teach actual classes of some sort that go over several different in-depth writing techniques).

3 Likes

I’d definitely be up for that!

Good, I got ur concept, but I will be learning though.:heart:

1 Like

This is amazing I didn’t expect so many people to be on board :smile:

2 Likes

I’ll be working on a loose summary of what could be developed with teachers as well as students in this program, until then all ideas/suggestions are definitely welcome! Thank you so much to everyone who is so enthusiastic about this!

1 Like

Hey, this sounds like a great idea! If there’s still room or if you need anyone I’m so down to be a teacher or even a student orrrr both :joy:

1 Like

I will let to join i need a little ideas for my story i’m a little lost i’ll like to be a student

2 Likes

This sounds like a wonderful idea, and I’m sure many people would find this useful, myself included! I might be interested in joining as a student, depending on how the classes would be carried out, and what kind of assignments we’d have to do.

2 Likes

what would be taught? like the directing on the portal, outfits, character development and stuff?

So someone volunteers to be the teacher for the subject and then the students can choose what subject they wanna take. The teachers could even give the students mini assignments :joy: Some classes could be:

• Character development
    Like developing characters, their races, personalities, ect.

• Outfits
    Different styles and putting different clothes together to set the mood in the scene of the story.

• Coding
    Like branching, choices, spot directing.

• Story writing
    What i mean here is, like building up a good plot and such, basically just working on your original writing ‘n’ dialogue.

• Overlays & Backgrounds
    Creating overlays and Backgrounds! Im not sure whether to say coding the overlays would be included in this subject or in the coding one… prob coding! idk :rofl:

Then for the assignments thing, the teachers could give the students an assignment based on the class. So for example, for

outfits: they could make an outfit for the teacher’s character based on the teachers chosen theme
or
Coding: Code the teacher a short scene or something

But yeah, just some ideas :joy: I wont go into full detail of my ideas. i like helpin out with these things so feel free to ask for my help @theladyinred007 :heart:

4 Likes

This is frickin’ fabulous!! I love the enthusiasm. Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking for what could be taught and learned.

1 Like

:hugs:happy to help! Sorry im just livin for this :sob::rofl:

I love the people are so excited for this agghhhhh :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like