Episode Classes (please refer to my latest topic for comment/questions)

Episode Classes:
DISCLAIMER: These are all merely ideas serving as a launching point for more awesome suggestions from everyone! Feel free to offer any advice for changes, as well as brand new ideas! (:
Teachers:
Being a teacher/tutor for brand new Episode story authors would require a passion for helping others, as well as creating meaningful stories that help to inspire those who need it.
The difference (as you probably already know) between a tutor and a teacher is that a tutor-- someone who specializes in a certain field of writing, formatting, or coding ā€“ would answer specific questions when asked and help authors along with their in-depth problems. A teacher, on the other hand, would teach overall classes that cover several topics of writing for Episode (maybe a teacher could create interactive lessons or something). This would include script writing/coding, general writing techniques, directing techniques (how to have stylized directing that is unique from regular camerawork/dialogue), outfits and character design, and possibly more.
Tutors could also serve as proof-readers/surface editors for peopleā€™s Episode stories upon request.
Students:
Students would obviously be on the learning end of these lessons. They could ā€œsign upā€ for specific classes that would teach them what they needed to know to advance in whatever field theyā€™ve chosen, much like a college class, except these classes could be more like orientation ā€“ short and to the point, offering examples and requesting small assignments. Students could also simply ask a tutor a specific question about their writing or ask for a proof-read/editing.
Student Teachers
As it seems, most people are up for serving as both a teacher and a student, which is great! Authors who are eager to learn as well as teach could simply ā€œattendā€ classes and turn in assignments as well as tutor/teach for anyone who needs it.

4 Likes

I am so sorry about the longest reply ever (:

1 Like

ooo i like this iā€™ll be attending these classes a lot lol

1 Like

lmao this just gave me weird ideas :joy: whether the teachers would code the class in like an episode story and publish it on the app or if the classes would take part in a group chat (itā€™d be hard on the forums because the chat limit) and hard for insta because not everyone has it. so depending on whether the teacher would just write it out with steps and stuff-

dont mind me being a nerd :joy: id be up more for being just a teacher.

1 Like

Support :weary: it would really help. Planning a story is the harder thing

2 Likes

I would love to teach people, but also a little bit of a student. I can do some pretty advanced directing ('m no Georgia Sanders, but I can do some), but Iā€™m also aware that I need to learn some things.

This is such an awesome idea that I would fully get behind.

2 Likes

Yes! This is such an important skill as a writer to have. Iā€™m so tired of seeing bland, one-dimensional characters that stick strictly to cliches.

Another big yes (I know how to make different branches, Iā€™m just lazy :laughing:). I think an issue a lot of new authors have is using @CHARATER spot x y z, as well as layering. Coding can be super tedious sometimes, but itā€™s so important!

Iā€™m so sick of seeing so many cliches with super surface-level plots. This, yet again, is an important skill to learn as an author. Learn to start with basics with your character and allow the reader to gradually learn more about them as the plot movies forward. Make sure your plot has a climax that it works towards and that itā€™s not just aimless storytelling.
I personally think that planning out your story is a really good way of writing because I can add in foreshadowing and play tricks on the reader (and not struggle with writerā€™s block).

I think this would be a really good start to this.

I am 100% behind the Episode classes and I would love to teach/tutor people how to do it!

I just saw your notes on teacher vs. student. I would love to teach people how to create characters, how to properly add diversity, and how to create personality.

I could also be a teacher since Iā€™ve technically been writing stories for two years, and with time comes experience in my case. Iā€™m actually a really good director (Iā€™ve made a fully functional animal before, it just took a TON of work), Iā€™m just a lil lazy (Iā€™m working on it!). I would love to teach people how to do it!

Iā€™d proofread either way. Iā€™m pretty good at catching errors, and when it comes to Episode, Iā€™m a grammar freak.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t even think about that :woman_facepalming:t2: But yeah we would have to consider how the lessons would be taughtā€¦ Iā€™m thinking just making short tutorials via script would be best but I would love a more interactive method

1 Like

yeah i get what ya meanā€¦

I am definitely in need of some coding lessons. This would be so helpful and appreciated by many!!
I can help if you still need with writing things. Iā€™m good at creative writing and I can help people build their stories/ideas.

1 Like

Maybe we could do it via pm although some people really donā€™t like itā€¦ Iā€™m not a big fan of pming myself. Itā€™s hard to think of a way to include multiple people in one lesson that isnā€™t making storiesā€¦ but honestly I think just making stories that are lessons is the best option

sorry- another idea :joy:

so you could make an episode acc for this thing. Where the teachers tell you what class their gonna do (say one each subject or maybe two depending on the advancedness of the class?)and then they log onto the acc at a specific time (say u made a timetable or something) and they code a story, each episode could be a class! they could even add questions and choices, then at the end of the entire class (not lesson, class) the teacher can tally up the point system and give the student their final grade ect ect.

(Heyyyy, make those certificate things on the side as a joke maybee :wink: ehhh? EHHHH??? :joy:)

The teachers would just need to explain in very detailed but say with like outfits, you could make mini games with the clothes and stuff! or with the writing one the teacher could share some small scenes that show good diversity, friendships, ect ect.

then with the coding one they could even do with the narration bubble ā€˜the character has walked to a different spot!ā€™ and they could even share how to write it like ā€˜@CHARACTER walks to spot 0.600 33 555 in 2 AND CHARACTER does it while walk_exhaustedā€™ or something.

Sorry for the rant :joy:

I missed out on so much, but i wanna be a student teacher and i wud luv to help/join!!

2 Likes

So maybe we could have a poll? Like vote on what method to do the lessons with?

(Type the number associated with the choice to vote)

1. Lessons in the form of stories published by teachers (lessons will be agreed upon in a topic such as this one before posting so things are more organized)

2. Lessons in the form of Private Messaging (students would ā€œsign upā€ for a lesson via requesting a certain subject from a teacher, and said teacher will message them with that lesson)

3. Lessons in the form of topics such as this one (a teacher will create a topic pertaining to a certain subject, content being the lesson, and whatever students want to ask questions can ask by replying, which makes for a more interactive teaching program)

Iā€™m not even sure if the third one is allowed for the forum, pretty sure it would be but yaā€™know.

Like I said, everything is up for debate. None of these choices are final or completely cleaned up, but the poll will just act as a basis to build off of so that we all come to a consensus of how we would do things if this teaching thing skyrockets.
Iā€™m getting a little too excited I know (:

Assignments would probably depend on what type of class you want to sign up for ā€“ coding could include small assignments that take the form of published stories that represent what youā€™ve learned and what you may need to work on. Just things like that. Regular writing assignments could also just be part of a written script you havenā€™t turned into a story yet or something like a draft that could be proof read and edited by a tutor.

Easiest way would be doing it in google classroom :thinking:

Thatā€™s literally geniusā€¦ didnā€™t even cross my mind :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I might have coded in episode 3 yrs but you learn your whole life. You can sign me up :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

Iā€™d be down for either topics made by teachers or google classroom :)) sounds pretty dope

1 Like

wickeeeddd :smile:

I honestly donā€™t know how to go about this /: Should I just create classes based on what topics people want to learn about? And then like invite students to it?

2 Likes