Episode Classic's characters are stucked on "Generating Preview"?

Maybe try using another web browser, Like Google Chrome or Opera Idk but that’s all I can say.

:persevere: Ugh, why are they taking so long to fix this? , I honestly can’t write without making characters and changing outfits!

I know! :frowning: It’s been month already! They haven’t fix it yet… :sob:

Good news people:

Apparently the outfit changing glitch has been fixed on the previewer. But the sad news is that episode has not fixed the generating previewer on the classic character selection,.

4 Likes

Still waiting… I still have classic generating previewer :frowning:

It sucks I think Episode doesn’t even care about classic style, and I only like reading classic styles, because it was the original.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s how I feel too :frowning: I sent them so many file and they still haven’t fix it :confused:

1 Like

Also, stories by Kiersten are in Classic style and I would definitely reccomend them.

1 Like

Apparently, the best workaround for this problem is to create a 3 Style story specifically for character creation.

Here’s a YouTube tutorial on how to make a story that uses all three styles (note: this is not my video) by Episode EllyYT:

*NOTE: @0:24 in her video, this part is crucial.

1. On the style selection, make sure it’s on Ink but do not press ‘Use Episode Ink’.

2. Instead, go to the URL and replace story with character and hit enter. This trick will not work for everyone but if it works for you, then that’s great.

Also, this will allow you to use the upgraded editor that Ink and Limelight use for Classic characters as well… surprisingly enough. Much like the old editor, you can’t zoom in on the characters and you have to actually select the physical features to see how they appear on your characters. But besides that, it works. Classic male characters are also functional in the clothing section by this method, which is great.

And of course, make sure you have two browser tabs open (one for the 3 style story and one for your normal Classic story) and have them side by side so that you can copy the details straight from it to your Classic stories.

Given that everything is successful, you should see something that looks like this:

I do hope that Episode eventually releases a fix for the Classic previewer. It has simply been too long. But this is the best workaround currently.

2 Likes

Hi I’m super new and just having a play before I actually write anything but the limelight characters aren’t showing up in either the preview for edit or outfits? Would the 3 style method help with this too?

Thanks in advance :blush:

@DEE_B Probably. I’m unsure, as I haven’t experienced this problem with Limelight, but the only way to know for certain is to give it a try.

That’s interesting because Limelight in particular shouldn’t be having these problems. So, I would recommend clearing the portal’s cookies, and making sure Flash/Javascript is updated/enabled first. Also, make sure you’re using Google Chrome as well.

If all else fails, be sure to submit a ticket through this link:
https://pocketgems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you so much for your help!
:blush::blush:

Hey guys, there’s some good news and some bad news regarding this!

The good news is that it appears that Episode finally found a way to fix this problem. Just moments ago, I was testing a normal Classic story and it appears that the previewer is finally working back to normal again.

Unfortunately, the bad news is that the problem with the clothing previewer for males seems to have not been fixed yet along with this problem.

A minor issue, but nevertheless, this is some progress after so many months of waiting, so I’m happy about that they were able to fix it. Hopefully, this issue won’t arise again. I’m also hoping the clothing previewer for the males is also able to be repaired.

It should be less of a hassle now, though. Is it working again for anyone else?

3 Likes

Yay! I’m so happy! :blush: It’s finally working! I’ve been waiting for long! So happy!

2 Likes