Episode cliches, does some of it happen irl?

I’ve seen that almost if not every stories (maybe except fantasies) always had college or university parties and numerous party scene…

Since I live in Asia, it’s something that never happens here lol

Does occasional parties (the one when people drinks and make out anywhere) really exist somewhere? I always wondered about this, why do you guys partied so much :thinking:

8 Likes

It isn’t really a common thing. Meeting your dream spouse at a college party is more of a trope that people enjoy. But then again I live in a small town and the one-party I’ve been too was an MLM.

1 Like

MLM as a gathering for Multi Level Marketing? Ahahahah I almost got dragged into one too :sob:

1 Like

Same I’m also from Asia and there’s literally zero partying. But I watched a lot of Hollywood movies and series so I can relate slightly.

But yeah it’s more of people’s fetishism and fantasies. Not everything happens in real life.

1 Like

Partying does exist in college and highschool. In highschool you had to be invited, which I never was cause N E R D.
In college, I don’t bother going because I N T R O V E R T.
But yes, they do exist.

5 Likes

If it did i would be in love with the “nerd”. Life is unfair.Where is my nerd prince charming?! :pleading_face: :sob:

2 Likes

I’d say college parties are more kinda similar to the sterotypes, I haven’t been to one cuz minor, but I’ve read a lot of stories about them - about people that have had them.

1 Like

I’ve seen a tan skinned guy with black hair, ripped jeans, a tattoo and a plain white shirt walking down the street. :rofl: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

hmm, rarely ever. I’ve never seen one before irl, but only the very few on social media

1 Like

where i live, high school parties occurred every weekend - but not anymore - cause CORONA

but yeah, most parties include -

• smoking
  • drinking
  • making out, cheating, etc
3 Likes

Ahahah but in episode the popular girls love the nerds :thinking:

1 Like

popular girls bullied me all throughout K-12 :crazy_face:
and idk many popular girls who are wlw lol
nerd girls are more my time anyway !

1 Like

I feel like I’ve watched a lot of cliche’s play out in real life with just very very different endings to what Episode stories have.

In terms of parties, I remember there was like a three month period in-between finishing high school and starting uni where we a group of people from my grade who were only friends because of these parties and would never hang out unless alcohol was around just had house parties like three nights a week. I think it was because not everyone was old enough to get into clubs so we just did house parties until the whole squad could go out.

Anyway, they were all… not like what Episode portrays. And I always wondered if Episode just portrayed an American version of house parties and we were different because we were Australian. Like, out of all the parties we had, I think there was ever only two hook ups… But there was always beer pong, there was always someone who would push someone else’s car half way down the street while they were inside being the sober friend, there was always someone offering me money to make out with their friend, there was always one person who would start vomiting, there was always one person who was really drunk pretending to not be drunk so they could take care of the person vomiting, there was always McDonalds at the end of the night and one time there was a very serious incident with a sword which kinda put an end to our period of house parties.

5 Likes

I just started high school and we had like two parties so far. The oldest classes (year 4) in the school threw a few parties inside the school, with the teachers watching though. I’ve only been to one, and it was a concert with school bands playing. I’m not sure if students throw parties, I’m way too shy to be invited to one lmao

1 Like

This actually sounds fun :sob: except the incident with a sword lol

2 Likes

Parties inside school? Idk if I have one here, maybe the graduation concert counts? But again it’s inside school too and very supervised by the teacher :thinking:

The only party I’ve attended was my own birthday party when I was 9 lol

1 Like

To throw a party to have to ask permission from the principal. Usually the oldest students throw parties since they’re the only ones allowed.

I see. Is it similar or close to what’s depicted in Episode? :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve never really seen any episode parties. The party I was at was more of a concert, but the sound was badly adjusted so I left early. Turns out someone brought drugs to the party and got into a fight with a teacher lmao

1 Like

This is so me!

I was never invited to anything either but yeah parties like that do exist.

I haven’t my cute nerd yet but I’ll drool over Episode slices in the mean time :rofl:

2 Likes