Episode Guideline Drama

Alright then! So, episode has now decided to come for INK authors AND create new guidelines!! what fun!
if you havent already seen, episode has created new guidelines to ‘help keep the community safe’ which is total BS. some of these gl’s include, no refrencing real persons or places (YEP thats right! if your writing about living in New York, change it!!), you cant do crossovers with other authors (because apparently its infringing the copyright law or sum shiz like that), no more than 5 PUNCHES AN EPISODE (sorry action stories, youve been CANCELLED!) these are so stupid i CANNOT EVEN. Content Guidelines heres the new content guidelines that have everyone fuming. feel free to rant down below!

18 Likes

I thought that was just swearing…

1 Like

episode is crazy so they’ve added more stupid guidelines.

2 Likes

This may sound stupid (so sorry if it does :sweat_smile:) But I feel like as long as it doesn’t affect me too much then it’s okay. Then I dig in a little deeper and then see everyone’s thoughts. Then I start to feel slightly uncomfortable :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

its not stupid! its your own opinion! i agree with you, but as you can tell MANY INK authors are very very angry about this. i dont blame them! episode is being really biased towards INK and not LL. and worst of all, episode is hypocritical AF.

I see… I haven’t seen the ink commotion thingy thing. Do you mind telling me?

1 Like

This might be a little misinformation. They said not to put in privately owned places, such as Disneyland (except for a minor reference). New York is a public place, nobody “owns” New York.

2 Likes

thanks for clearing that up. someone on instagram said that their story was centered in new york and that they had to change it because of this gl.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwaC2jhF9kT/ heres a link to an ig post abt this whole thing

Okay thanks!

1 Like

Oh wow… That’s…disheartening

1 Like

very. it’s also the fact that episode is ignoring the creators, the people that keep this app alive.

It’s not just ink authors that are effected.

4 Likes

Yeah…I don’t want to lose all these amazing people either…

1 Like

Who else?

weeeellllll thats the thing, it kinda is. they havent said anything about LL stories, they havent taken down any LL stories that break the guidelines, only because its their newest style.

1 Like

so, its biased.

They’re not coming for ink authors. I don’t know how people are thinking that.

7 Likes

funny. they’re taking down JUST INK stories because of these things.

1 Like

You don’t know what’s on their review list. Only two ink authors have made everything public. Other authors have been more discrete in the past like how they’re supposed to.

4 Likes