Episode Help Groups, are they worth the trouble?

Well. Since I put out my opinion. I do want to add more.

Can’t we just not be a “group” what about a TEAM. Why have art groups when we can have the community be together. Be together. Be a good member of the forums.

2 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

Thanks.

Up above I mentioned about how the struggle for begginers in art groups. When I joined my first one they were FIGHTING as I said hi. This shouldn’t be here in the community.

When I first joined the forum, I was experiencing the same thing,but I don’t pay no mind to the drama.

2 Likes

Well I might quit the art groups I am in…but the friends are there. I won’t be able to meet people no more. This is why I stay.

Okay.

@Jeremy Thanks for your help. Hopefully all of this drama will stop soon in other forums I guess.

1 Like

I THINK THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AGREE WITH YOU!

Episode dreams is my family and I love all of them. They’re my sisters and are the people I’m excited to know and hang with. The love of my life is in my art group which makes it much better. I think the groups are important to people. And they signify how episode is a community. The drama needs to stop. But we need these groups and I think people just don’t realize how much we need these groups.

4 Likes

See? You have good intentions but you are still off topic, lol. If you would like to discuss this please private message me.

6 Likes

When I first joined the forums I too joined an art group. It was fun at the start, I got to make new friends and it was a group of people who (the majority of) I enjoyed speaking to. But then after a couple of days I kept hearing about drama the group had with another. After a while, it was all people could talk about, to the point where it was actually bringing stress to my personal life. Even though I stayed uninvolved in the arguments, I found that drama was quite literally running my forum life.

So anyways, it all got too stressful, and me and some others left and started another group. (Not together anymore because we all had too much to do project wise, and struggled to handle the workload.) I found that once the new group had been created, the girls who came with it actually became much closer to me, maybe because the group itself had fewer people. I also found that having rules helped. For example, we would have rules where if people wanted art, they would come to us. That way we weren’t competing with other groups over who could do someone’s art. And to be honest the group stayed pretty much drama free.

In conclusion I feel that, although there is a high risk of drama with any group, if you know how to stay composed and know how to stay out of drama, they can actually be a great opportunity to make some friends, and can actually be fun.

Apologies if you read all of that. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

blehhhhhhhhhh I’m gonna go cry. Again. I thought I was past it

True. I think this problem isn’t subjected to groups, it’s subjected to certain people, since certain people love drama and . just like to have it around them. They like to debate and have drama, in my opinion, not because everyone’s around them’s wrong, but because they like it, because it’s fun. So it’s the problem of those people.

2 Likes

I think there are ways of being in an art group and avoiding drama. Well, so far, I have tried to and I think I haven’t failed. Having that small community is important to a lot people and you can make a lot more friends. I do find that it makes life better with having an art group, but makes life more stressful in having drama.
We need to get a balance scale.

5 Likes

Exactly, I love the friendly vibe you get in art groups, and I have made some very good friends through them. For the groups that can keep a drama-free environment, groups are great! They’re chill and you can get advice and opinions on your art, it’s a really chill vibe. There are obviously art groups who keep to themselves and have managed to avoid drama. It just seems to be the more well known ones (not all of them) that get caught up in drama. Maybe because they’re the groups who make themselves known and are very much spread across the forums.

7 Likes

Some groups are friendly. When I started my group, I centred it around being kind to each other. Then it got involved in loads of drama- with one group specifically. I just hate that now, when people think of art groups, their mind straight away thinks of drama. Like this isn’t trashy TV, this is the forums. So can we keep petty nonsense and stupid fights at a minimum?

:two_hearts:

7 Likes

I guess I have a pessimist’s perspective on the issue, but I don’t think they can exist peacefully. There’s been drama within the community due to art groups since the creation of the new forums (recently, it’s been amplified, but drama was always present). I would love to say we should have art groups and they’ll all get along and everything will be great, but how can we be so sure? Art groups have yet to prove that they can consistently coexist in peace. My opinion is that if they’ve been unable to work things out with each other by now, then they’ll never be capable of amending the mess that is the art group community.

5 Likes

I absolutely understand your point of view and obviously you are more than entitled to your opinion. However I disagree that all groups get into drama with others, as I personally have been in a group that stayed drama free. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yeah I agree. It is possible. Sometimes it isn’t some groups fault. Someone can just start it on the thread with no beef background. I have a drama free group that is small. To me the smaller the group less drama.

2 Likes

Yes exactly, we only had about 15 members, and all the girls in it were completely over drama, and therefore none was started. No one had any interest with starting arguments or competing with anyone. We just enjoyed the friendly environment.

2 Likes

Exactly. If you don’t think of the other groups you should be fine.

1 Like