Episode iOS App Version 17.00 Update

Hey Episodians!

Our team is always working to improve the Episode experience for readers. With that in mind, we’ve been working on updating our iOS app. These changes will help our app run more smoothly with fewer crashes and faster load times. It will also make it easier for our team to build and fix things.

As we roll out the updates we are going to have to temporarily remove some features while we get everything up and running. Our team is working to get these features returned to that app as soon as they can.

Starting with version 17.00 of the iOS app, and in the next several weeks, these features are going to take a vacation from the app:

• Fan mail
  • Emoji
  • In-app Help Desk and FAQ (the web based version will still be available)
  • Sharing moments
  • Value pack purchases (VIP will still work)

We really appreciate your patience and support as we work on making our app the best it can be! If you have feedback, comments or questions you can send in a support ticket or post below.

With love,

The Episode Team

15 Likes

32 Likes

My exact thought.
They’re doing more and more that are making people annoyed :neutral_face:

18 Likes

Hasn’t fanmail been gone since like forever.

3 Likes

they r talking about iphone… Its gone in android not in iphone

4 Likes

Episode is not adding fanmail option for android users even after requesting for years and making modification for iphone users… Episode treats users so fairly :clap::clap::clap:

14 Likes

Oh right, got it mixed up for a second, I wish they would have finished whatever they were working on with the android version first, it’s been too long.

5 Likes

I doubt they r gonna fixed it.

4 Likes

same :skull:

1 Like

No not the fanmail! I hope it returns soon and with an Android one too

9 Likes

When is funmail coming back to android though, There’s so many problems on android that needs more help. Funmail on android has been gone for a long time.

9 Likes

200w

35 Likes

Pretty please add them to android!!

23 Likes

At this point, just add Fanmail to Android since it’s been forever that users have been requesting it.

11 Likes

Do you guys realize half the people who read episode is android.

5 Likes

exactly!

i feel like the android app gets no love nowadays. :((

11 Likes

Lol yeah! we aren’t loved :triumph:

5 Likes

Omg what did emoji do :sob::broken_heart:

6 Likes

I have a wild guess for the fanmail: I think episode it testing out how different os systems react differently to the fanmail.
I mean, they could be just yeeting the fanmail option into the rubbish bin but part of me wants to believe that’s not the case.

5 Likes

Looking forward to the improvements, but I’ll miss fanmail and emojis :sob:

2 Likes