Episode is Updating Our Content Guidelines

yeah.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about the depiction of murder/suicide part… will we still be allowed to show character deaths using the fainting animation? Or would that count as showing dead bodies?

33 Likes

Sksks the romance section and drama section is going to look so much cleaner. And, I’m living for it.

54 Likes

Same here, too much of the “sexy back” kind of covers. If you know what I’m talking about.

17 Likes

Depends what some authors define as sexually touching though, I hope Episode has clear definitions for cover reviewers :woman_shrugging:t3:

24 Likes

I’m glad honestly. So many covers are basically pre-sex, but just weren’t explicit enough to get the axe before.

40 Likes

Yeah, right now the only covers I see getting removed based on those guidelines are any where the characters are in bed and the ones where the MC is on a stripper pole.
Otherwise, I feel like most are going to be “grey area” as I’m not really sure what’s okay and what’s not.

23 Likes

I wonder about the political agenda though. Cause I’m planning a story where the president has a conservative view, but his daughter has a more progressive view. So now I’m debating if I still want to write it down.

9 Likes

Also, say like your working on a LGBT+ story. And your cover is like a male character looking away from the other male character who looks like he’s about to kiss the male character who’s looking away. Of course they have formal clothing on and a background which is a castle balcony. Approve or not approved?

6 Likes

I also want to add some real events like black lives matter and racism etc. But now I think it isn’t a good idea.

9 Likes

bad idea.

7 Likes

I think so too.

4 Likes

A lot of covers have character ‘straddling’ each other, I don’t know if this counts as sexually touching? @Liz can you clarify this?

17 Likes

When in doubt your best bet is to ask the review team. If you have a sample of the image that is helpful as well.

7 Likes

And/or they’re both in underwear. I’m hopeful that will count.

7 Likes

What about glorification of serious topics, like sexual violence or mental illness.
There are stories out there that continue to exist with the excuse of : I had a warning which consists of the “mature language, strong themes”.

17 Likes

Welp, half of the trending section is going to be snapped. :lol:

Trending sections authors are going to be like: :computer_rage:

53 Likes

Man this is all confusing. Don’t remove the stories that portray these topics appropriately!!

22 Likes

There is something about this sudden pushing of the content guidelines that I find very odd. I know they have already been there but this is just putting a weird taste in my mouth.

Anybody have the same feeling?

42 Likes

No problem, thanks for responding :blush:

1 Like