Episode is Updating Our Content Guidelines

Ah ok. So it’s stuff like I hate Donald trump or I hate the tories but I support labour example. That wouldn’t be allowed

2 Likes

Britain leaving the EU is such a huge deal that it would be weird to pretend it isn’t happening. Where you may upset them is if you mention, say, Boris Johnson by name or something. I think if you avoid attacking specific people or groups, you can acknowledge that current events exist.

1 Like

Send them a support ticket if that will calm you down. I’m gonna do that to check if a certain scene will be ok.

2 Likes

Oh it’s not, there’s just little bits where it’s briefly mentioned, like that doctor who’s angry about the funding cuts. I also use a lot of made up medical fiction but I’m always putting a warning before the dialogue especially when I talk about the medicinal cannabis trial

2 Likes

That’s what I got from reading. Like you could say “I think women’s rights are important” but you couldn’t say “If you’re smart, vote for Hilary Clinton”

3 Likes

I already did that and I already now it will be rejected.

1 Like

Oh there isn’t names, it’s just someone saying, Brexit is ruining everything, then the person goes to the bar in a strop to have a drink :joy:

2 Likes

On the bright side you can’t predict the future. They could approve it.

1 Like

I think you’re good then. Have you ever watched Gilmore Girls? It’s a good example of how to include political criticism during dialogues in a light way and without risking them to imply that you’re defending a political agenda.

4 Likes

I know in the past when I’ve filed a ticket, they try to help you get across similar ideas while following guidelines. I’d like to think with all of the changes, they won’t leave you to struggle alone :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I was asking. So I should be ok with what I’m doing atm

1 Like

Amazing! At least I won’t have to change everything :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you but I have this horrible feeling that it might because off the heavy political views

1 Like

They will tell you what’s wrong then. Do you need/want help to check your scenes? Would that help?

2 Likes

I’ve wrote an entire story about the importance of women’s writes and it’s been ok. It was also picked as a contest winner, so I don’t think they’ll reject everything

4 Likes

Ok but mine is about slavery and how black Americans are treated

1 Like

I haven’t but I might give it a watch just to get an idea. I’m just finishing up a story on another platform where the town gets a leader but the public don’t know that she’s part of a gang and is using the law to her advantage. Made up senator made up congress. The town is now in ruins as she launches a war. I’m gonna merge that story with the one I’m doing now…

1 Like

Oof touchy. Like 60’s time?

2 Likes

I think that should be ok as long as you don’t mention any current movements or people by name.

1 Like

It should be ok if it focuses on a particular person personally and how it’s affected them. They could be recovering from the trauma…

2 Likes