Episode Life Hacks

I think enough is said through the title and there isn’t anything else to say facepalms due to stupidity so let’s continue

1)Episode Dark Mode
Okay so I think most of y’all know this since @/Melani3 already did a topic on this but for people newer to the forums, you’ll have to-
a)Go to ‘Preferences’ on your profile
b)Go to ‘Interface’
c)Change the drop-down arrow thingy to dark in ‘Themes’
d)Click ‘Save changes’ at the bottom of the page
This is actually helpful because I get migraines from very bright lights and I spend a lot of time on the forums

2)Basic Zoom Templates
Imagine this. You are making some scene with the default spots on the screen and ugh, you need to find the proper zoom code again. Personally this disturbs me and I just end up skipping that scene. So to save your butts, here are some default zooms :joy:
Note:These may not be exactly what you want

And sorry about the different zoom percentages :\

a)Standing;zone 1
i)Screen left-@zoom on 0 399 to 338% in 0
ii)Screen center-@zoom on 147 389 to 338% in 0
iii)Screen right-@zoom on 320 374 to 338% in 0

b)Sitting; zone 1
i)Screen Left @zoom on 0 225 to 329% in 0
ii)Screen Center-@zoom on 140 245 to 385% in 0
iii)Screen Right-@zoom on 320 245 to 385% in 0

c)Standing; zone 2
i)Screen Left-@zoom on 326 402 to 321% in 0
ii)Screen Center-@zoom on 474 392 to 321% in 0
iii)Screen Right-@zoom on 634 412 to 321% in 0

d)Sitting; zone 2
i)Screen Left-@zoom on 320 246 to 320% in 0
ii)Screen Center-@zoom on 458 246 to 320% in 0
iii)Screen right-@zoom on 640 236 to 320% in 0

e)Standing; zone 3
i)Screen Left-@zoom on 640 379 to 289% in 0
ii)Screen Center-@zoom on 790 389 to 306% in 0
iii)Screen Right-@zoom on 960 389 to 306% in 0

f)Sitting; zone 3
1)Screen Left-@zoom on 640 261 to 292% in 0
2)Screen Center-@zoom on 775 246 to 292% in 0
3)Screen Right-@zoom on 960 220 to 292% in 0

3)How To Make Simple Character Cards
So some of you have been saying that I make my character cards at lightning speed. Well that’s because I have a very simple way to make character cards that only use-

• Powerpoint
  • Remove bg (Yes this is a website)
  • Episode Writer Portal

So here’s how to do it. I’m going to be demonstrating it with the recent character card I did for @/A-Mae-Zing

This is actually very long so here's a drop down arrow

a)Make your character, load up the story (Make sure it’s a new one/the tutorial story)

and take a screenshot of your character. You may ask "Why can’t you just go to outfits? Well, you can but in some browsers (Like Firefox) won’t show the character in full body. If it does show a full body, go ahead and take a picture of that instead

This is how is appears in Firefox :frowning:

b)Remove the background using any background removal website (You can cut out using Gimp 2.0 or something like that but my hands shake a lot while doing stuff so I use this instead :sweat_smile:

I usually use remove.bg for removing backgrounds

c)Open PowerPoint (Make sure the slide is BLANK not the default) and set the format background as your preferred backround (You can do this by right-clicking on the slide)

d)Add in your transparent background image. If you want to add outfits as well, screenshot those too.

e)Add textboxes and shift them around to finish your beautiful character card. To make feature icons like I did, you need to take a picture of each icon individually, then remove the background, then place them around the slide in an organised way so that people can read them.

I know it sounds exhausting but the hardest part s probably just taking screenshots of everything. And then voila, you have a character card. Just take a picture of the slide.

You can make the edits for the art releases in the same way

3)How to become popular in the forums
Now, I don’t mean popular like popular kid popular. I mean it like you become an iconic member of the forums, like almost everybody knows @/Juliewrites or @/NeahM. Now, I am NOT that famous since I literally just came in to the forums 3 months ago. (I was here for much longer actually but there was a login problem so I joined the forums later)

Anyway some ways you earn people’s respect are-

• Join In The Forum Games-So yeah, they might be a waste of time and stuff but believe me, ALL of my forum friends met me through forum games. Now some of you do have better things to do and don’t want to get tagged in such things. Well nobody is forcing you, it’s just that most people (Or only me) associate people who join games as fun. So yeah, if you are just browsing the forums randomly, a reply won’t hurt.

• Talk With People Who Need Help-Now, I don’t mean fixing someone’s script problem (Even though that is an awesome thing to do as well). I mean people who meed help irl. They may be having some problems with their families, or might need help finding bringing up awkward topics. If you can relate to the person, sympathize with them. Even if your reply didn’t help anyone at all (I’m 90% sure I’m that one person), it’s still amazing you tried to help. And if you have any problems, just know that the community is amazing and they will support you all the way.

• No Flagging- This has been brought up a couple of times in threads but I’m still gonna say it. Please do not flag people for the wrong or minor reasons. I know that there is a badge awarded for your first flag but still. Now most people know that flagging people for no reason is just rude but doing so for minor reasons is still wrong. I can’t tell you how many times I got flagged in the Wishlist thread just because I did something very small. Now, I understand I was wrong but a reply would have been enough. Anyway, we’re not here to cry about it so let’s continue

• Contribute- Most of you know that there are a whole lot of art shops made by lovely people on the forums. And a lot of people come here to request stuff that helps them in their stories. What I’m trying to say is that contribute how much ever you can. If you’re particularly good at making something, feel free to go into a shop with it. and it doesn’t just have to be about hiring, you can go and check on a particular art shop frequently and answer every customer’s questions if you know the shop well (Make sure the shop owner is okay with it though)

• Careful Who You Tag-I can’t tell you how many times people tagged me into something instagram-related when I don’t even have insta :sweat_smile: If you’re going to tag someone, make sure that-
    a)They’re okay with it
    b)They can actually join\help
    So please, do a bit of research on people before tagging them, it might stop embarrasing situations

So those are my not very helpful tips for episode. Let’s jst hope this comes in handy for you guys someday :grin:

27 Likes

I actually make my character cards (as well as covers and other edited art) like that too (except I use Canva instead of Powerpoint.) Neat! :grin:

btw im bookmarking

2 Likes

1 Like

You’re pretty popular on the forums to me lol

1 Like

Well definitely not as popular as some people

1 Like

This is an amazing thread! Thank you so much for sharing!!:relaxed::white_heart:

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Bump!

1 Like

I’m bookmarking this!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Bump!

Now it’s my turn to shine :star2:

1 Like

Also I desperately wanted to have portal in dark mode, is this possible?:eyes:

1 Like

It is :slight_smile:

For proof

Wait a sec, the writers portal? I’m not sure if that’s the case

1 Like

Hahahahaha I already have dark mode on my forums due to system default😂

1 Like

I read half of it then replied, then read the whole thing and panic-edited :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Bahahaha😂

1 Like

Bump!

Didn’t even know that you can get a badge for flagging, then again I have never flagged. I could deal with out that badge.

1 Like

Also your tips are helpful. like the zooms.

1 Like