Episode Lottery System?

I was thinking of ways to boost the revenue of the Episode app, so everyone can continue enjoying free reads.

Changes are tough to deal with and some people have a hard time adjusting. I think switching up the contests might help a little with user engagement. There are so many stories that are not reviewed due to limited Episode staff. Then you have contests that add on to that issue.

I was thinking what if you hold a biweekly drawing by picking a random number from all the stories on the app. Post it on the episode app and announce the winner. Of course the story has to be reviewed first and have the minimum three chapters.

I see in some comments that readers want to see new authors. Maybe this is a great way to showcase small authors. Episode can continue promoting big authors stories as well.

What are your thoughts on making the Episode app more engaging as an user?

14 Likes

I’d love this!!!

3 Likes

I get everyone is hurting during the pandemic financially. I think this means users are not buying as much gems which hurts revenue for the app.

I don’t know, maybe selling unlimited monthly passes for $1.99 might boost revenue and increase user engagement. More revenue will be earned from watching ads :woman_shrugging:t5:

Right now I think Episode have an opportunity to make their social media more engaging, positive, and fun. Minimizing changes on payment options are crucial because more people are out of work, and have time to read to escape life’s distractions.

5 Likes

I agree, but I actually watch around 50 adds A DAY on episode only. when I use episode And it’s always been like that

3 Likes

Yeah but you may watch less ads if you have to pay gems to continue reading stories with a certain amount of episodes.

You may watch more than 70 ads if you have unlimited passes.

That is some dedication by the way Hilo haha. I watch two ads and I am over it sometimes.

2 Likes

It’s sad because I find it normal now.
But if you want dedication ask @_crystal how many chapters she reads
I’m off topic now.

1 Like

Now you got me curious :eyes:. I wonder how many chapters Crystal read?

1 Like

ask her. She was reading a 2 am
multiple times

1 Like

Oh wow. I am curious, are you doing reviews? Are you paying for passes?

1 Like

I’m not doing reviews anymore, no r4r, I don’t purchase stuff from games.
I just have a heck of a lot of spare time

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t know how people do story reviews. I am overprotective with my story lol. I can’t imagine having to deal with giving an author constructive criticism.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find your story by the way. PM me the link.

nah, I just send them screenshots of typos and bad grammar

what story?
I can’t code!

1 Like

Someone once asked me to review their story and it was stressfullll.

2 Likes

Oh you said r4r so I assumed lol.

1 Like

:joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. It is stressful telling someone their story may need improvement. Especially if they worked on it for months.

1 Like

oh, sorry. I read your story though, I would’ve assumed you had a proofreader
how is it flawless?

1 Like

Exactly :joy:
I try to avoid it as much as possible lol

1 Like

No proofreader. I am just super anal. I was trying to return the favor :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like