Episode Officials you actually like

It is common here on the forums to talk about how much we don’t like episode officials and specific episode officials we don’t like (for good reasons), but now how about we flip that and talk about Episode officials we do like, or at least got invested in.

I got really invested into The Soulmate Game by Viola Musaraj to the point where I actually really like it. What about you?

Tags: @Marysol.Episode, @AngelWings1983, @t3ss4_n0v4, @kikiwrites, @Whatever1, @Willowbean, @StoriesByRayna

6 Likes

I’ve heard Flirting With The Villain is good. I haven’t read it yet, though.

5 Likes

Im assuming I got tagged cuz im an active complainer fair pfft

Stories I actually liked(sit down its a shocker pfft)

I also feel they could all have been fleshed out and ida added them to my favs instantly(minus like 1 or 2)

(Some I re-read for gems but completed all of them)

Flirting with the villian shoulda been fleshed out and I woulda very much liked it. It felt like the LI had no personality then cheated and then was still seen as the good guy. Then they didnt amp up the evil LIs evil…it was shallow lvl.
This coulda been done way better

Tho my issue with these features as a whole though…like these 1s stood out to me but then they crash n burn. They are shallow…even when the plots are interesting.

3 Likes

Lol I will neither confirm nor deny that. :sweat_smile: :rofl:

I also got invested to Feel Me and I’m ‘eh’ on Flirting With the Villain.

4 Likes

Coulda been way better but when u serve barely anything substantial…flirting with the villian feels better only slightly

1 Like

I’m just going to state the obvious here but: Envy, Trapped, The Last Girl Standing, Tangled Love, The Enchantress, Episode’s Dirty Dancing.
Old ones but gold ones.

4 Likes

I love all of those too! Along with pretty little liars, and pretty little liars: to die for.

4 Likes

tbh I dont have an overall pleasant experience reading Featured stories, because of…(you know :face_with_peeking_eye: ) aaaand…sometimes the urge to avoid some veeery tempting gem choices in order not to be a broke … :melting_face:

anyways, some that I actually liked reading is…
Blood Lust, Secretly Yours By Ellie, Kidnapped by a Prince, Protect Me by ER Gurney (I think? :thinking: ), My Sister’s Crush aaand…Feel Me by Viola :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

adding another :cowboy_hat_face: … (sorry I’m one by one recalling my favs :melting_face: ) The Infected :eyes:

5 Likes

oooh these are golddd :star_struck: :sparkles:
cant believe I forgot to mention those in my OP sniff :melting_face:

3 Likes

I married a prince. It was the first story I read on epi.
The princes bride
My sister’s crush
Beauty & the mafia
Envy
Last girl standing
Venomous. I’m not sure it’s a community or official one but I earned gems from it

1 Like

Yeah I know, back then we all were excited about Episode originals/featured stories, those were the times man. Now that I think about it I forgot to mention A little more me!

4 Likes

The Secret of Rain by Joseph Evans

Pitch Perfect because they actually put a lot of effort into that story which is rare for Originals. :thinking:

College•ish because well, idk why tbh. I think it had decent effort put into it and the main LI didn’t seem like a twat.

I Married a Millionaire by earlgrey because I liked the community version and the LI was entertaining.

5 Likes

oh, that one too! :face_holding_back_tears: :sparkles:

2 Likes

None…

At least at the moment. I really enjoyed Positively Princess back when it released. As well as the featured version of Under You and Dirty Dancing. But at this every moment, I have taken no interest to any currently trending featured story.

2 Likes

Someone has already mentioned this one but… I thought Positively Princess was a good one, back in the day! But looking back, it’s actually quite boring! The only parts that were actually enjoyable were the scenes with a bit of action. [Like: when a chandelier fell on Dalton’s head… and when he saved the MC from a Wolf.]

Another I liked was: Love On Fire. [Only because I was completely obsessed with Ben! :rofl: :joy:]

And lastly… Whoops I’m Pregnant. That one was so bad, it was good! Anyone remember the humping rabbits?! That scene was so f*cked up, but I guess that’s one way of ensuring Episode users won’t forget the story! :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Prom Night The characters’ dumb actions was pure comedy, even when they stole the school bus :sweat_smile:
Positively Princess This one was one of the first episode originals I read when I first got the app, miss episode original stories like this!
Envy Very mysterious and well written compared to most episode originals lately :pensive:

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, a lot of them just aren’t hitting the spots so you can’t really blame me for bishing about it :joy:

But yeah, a switch in atmosphere is good!

I first started out reading Rulebreaker. It isn’t by any means excellent, I still think it fell underneath the category of “generic featured story”, but there is a sensible construct behind that story.
One section of that story that did well is the dilemma (spoilers ahead!) MC is having feelings for her babysitter and well, obviously that’s a problem. What I appreciate is that the problem is actually persistent and it actually stood in between the MC and the LI until later in the episode which, you guessed it, MC let her heart win.

The second featured story that I truly enjoyed is Envy. That’s what set my expectations for community stories at a different level.
The suspense and mystery is all done on point, and the author really knows how to keep your heart hanging on a noose (literally).
I would say that the final revelation isn’t as bombastic as the story has been setting up to, but it paid off well as the ending of the story. Most importantly, it was rather “unorthodox”, as in it is written in a different manner and attitude.

Even though I read through these stories as their community story counterpart, I’d say Under You and Mystery of Hanging Hill Lane (aka Last Girl Standing, honestly I dislike this title…) are both good picks as well.
To be fair, those are written as community stories beforehand :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah that was a funny one.:rofl:

1 Like

Hmmm these are the ones I could think of for now
Dare by Losarie
The Village Princess by Jayleefishhugs (I don’t think it ever got continued though it only has five episode’s)

4 Likes

But for some reasons it’s not on the main page any longer. It’s crazy the real good thriller, mystery and fantasy genre got removed. Now it’s just ummm… romance. I feel like new people on episode would’ve loved it.

4 Likes