Episode overlays!

So i’ve been reading stories for a while now and I usually notice these overlays everyone is using here are some examples!
and this one.
I’m not sure if these authors create these on their own, but I usually see them often? If anyone knows about them can you let me know.

1 Like

You have to download some sort of art software (Medibang, Ibis paint, Procreate) and trace the characters in the position you want them.

1 Like

I always try that but they don’t seem right, like if you compare other stories that use those overlays they all look exactly the same.

Do you have an example? I could give you tips

I showed the examples above that I found from other stories, but the ones that I tried I deleted them. But I’m guessing they all do it smoothly.

I used to make episode edits, which are pretty closely tied together. You just need to set the stabiliser really high, use thick black lines and practice a LOT.

2 Likes

They all look pretty similar, however, I’m pretty sure the authors draw them themselves

that’s what I was thinking.

1 Like

The first one by @JadlyssEpisode, I’m pretty sure all drawn herself, she makes a lot of individual overlays for her stories

1 Like

They’re really time consuming but they’re worth it

Her overlays are always so perfect

1 Like

Yeah I know the first one is by her that’s where I found the example. :joy:

I created both of those scenes, and yes she’s correct. I draw out each overlay separately and direct on the portal! If you have any questions I’m glad to help you :heartpulse:

2 Likes