Episode Pick your Poison: Part 2

Omg. That is so beautiful
Related image

3 Likes

Thank you! Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

I added it to the original post :joy: everyone deserves to see this

2 Likes

I did something similar to this when I had no idea how to direct, or make a proper story.
(Although I didn’t really care about views and I didn’t make episodes just for the views)

I literally had a stick figure drawing cover, and there was a scene where I couldn’t figure out how to make the characters face each other, so they faced opposite ways. :rofl:

At that time, I was using a horrible app that was not updated, and basically got one of the first versions of episode, which was all classic.

(Lol, PM me if you want to read it, feel free to roast me too, I had literally no idea what I was doing, and no idea how to write a story like this.)

9 Likes

I feel so honored!

1 Like

Awwh that’s so cute we all start somewhere I’m still in my dumbass phase of directing & coding so for the time being I’m sticking to writing out my story :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

My first story was a hot mess lol. It’s still on the app somewhere, but the really bad directing has been fixed lol. (The story itself is a cringy disaster. Episode, please release an unpublish or delete button please and thank you.)
Poppers and sliders everywhere and characters speaking with no talking animations :rofl:.
I also didn’t know how to make the characters kiss without using the templates so they would suddenly teleport to the default kissing positions :rofl:

2 Likes

If the directing queen herself was once shit at it, then I have hope!!

7 Likes

It’s a very steep learning curve when you first begin :rofl:
I also didn’t know how to zoom without zooming on the character lol.

As much as I love fancy directing, I’ll happily read and recommend stories with basic (clean) directing because I think the plot is more important and I know how difficult directing can be when you first start out. Even glitchy directing (like shown above) is fixable. But plots like this aren’t (my first story is a cringy gang love-triangle story lol. It’s not fixable. There’s no editing that mess.)
Based on the screenshots, I have to assume that the authors of this story and the last one are quite young. I feel a little bad making fun of stories like this (because the authors could be 13 year olds who are proud of their work) but at the same time, I do hope they realise where they need to make improvements and work on everything.

9 Likes

That is so true. When I first started out which wasn’t too long ago I was so fixated on learning how to direct properly and it got frustrating so fast. So I just backed away. I realized that if anything it’s the writing, it’s the plot, it’s the characters etc that matter the most. Sometimes when I’m writing I just envision a scene I would LOVE to make & then I realize it’d probably take weeks to learn😩

Also: I kinda do feel bad, yikes. She’s probably young, but hopefully she never goes on the forums. I mean I’d like to believe she doesn’t. I feel like there’s so much valuable information on these forums there’s no way she’d publish that while being on here.

7 Likes

Holy christ on bike! We witnessed the birth of a new meme!

6 Likes

Glad to spread the meme love

#newmemeoftheyear2019

1 Like

I will add it to Episode community story awards category :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

:rofl: thank you!

1 Like

I want this on a mug :rofl:

3 Likes

I gotcha! And I want it on a T-shirt :rofl:

1 Like