Episode portal bug

Hey

I was just wondering if people are still experiencing issues with the previewer on the portal. I just tested it on my phone (safari browser) and it worked but it’s very slow. I’ll test it on my pc tomorrow.

2 Likes

I think everyone is having the pc problem

1 Like

I’m literally going bananas trying to stay patient over here and internally screaming…

6 Likes

I have that problem too…

2 Likes

I think we all still have that problem… I was hoping they would have fixed it by now… And it’s so annoying it really makes me wanna throw my damn laptop out the window…

3 Likes

Literally! It’s clearly a server issue. When they updated the new stuff, that’s when the issues started. They need to keep a copy of the previous code before they update so they can easily go back :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Exactly! I mean, i know a lot of stuff goes on behind episode, to keep it running smoothly, but i would really appreciate if they at least made a statement, telling us that they were working on it, instead of saying nothing, so none of us know anything…

1 Like

Exactly!

1 Like

New day. Is anyone still experiencing issues?

1 Like

Still having problem.
I doubt I’ll be ready to publish in time for the SQUAD contest at this rate. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I haven’t been able to work properly on my stories for the whole week.
Having to reset the preview every 10th second just hasn’t worked for me. And the emoji thing probably hasn’t helped the matter, only made it worse. Before the preview crashed, no it just freezes.

1 Like

@Nick @Sydney_H @Jeremy any update from support? We’ve submitted tickets but the issue still hasn’t been resolved. @Liz is there a possibility to extend the squad contest since people are unable to code atm? My mobile previewer has also gone down.

1 Like

What browser are you using? I might try an older version of safari and see if it works that way. Firefox and chrome have slapped me in the face

1 Like

Who here is using a Apple pc? Are you affected too? I’m curious as safari seems to be unaffected and the issue seems to be with android/windows. I could be wrong. Seems like the issue is in the java script not communicating with android/windows.

Here’s what happens when I press preview:

Chrome:

Firefox:

1 Like

I’ve never gotten that one.
Mine looks like this (and it still happens)

Refreshing the page, resets it and then it works as usual again - for a time. Then it repeats itself.

Or earlier today it just froze. Image looked like usual, but I couldn’t click anything.

I use chrome.

1 Like

No refreshing just comes up with that. I’ve backed up the coding and deleted where it goes funny on the app. Seems to have gotten rid of it… that’s very strange. Could it be my overlay?

Update: No it’s not the overlay. I’ve deleted it and manually written it again. I’m gonna have to code the whole thing again and see where it goes wrong

1 Like

How much code do you have? It’s not that you’ve reached the limit?

I can take a look at your script if you want. Might be I can spot some issue you haven’t. It’s easy to get coding blind with your own work.

1 Like

I’m gonna do everything from scratch. It could be something I coded before. And the previewer (touch wood) started working again when I removed where it went wrong. (Even though I’m now coding the same flipping thing!)

It took me hours :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

You don’t happen to have an infinite loop happening, do you?
If you stay to long with a looping scene it drains the preview of its memory and it crashes. I’ve encountered that before.

1 Like

Nope. No infinite. It’s very odd.

1 Like

Very. Have you tried the script in the app - what happens there?
Doing from scratch sucks. :unamused:

1 Like