EPISODE PORTAL: Transparent background option for creating characters

So for people like me who make covers and such use the character editing area to get the characters for what we’re making. Here’s the button we use to choose the background:
com
When we save the characters doing their animation, we get a picture like this. Background color and all.

So then in able to use the character, I send the picture to my phone and use a mobile editing app to remove the background around the character; and it ends up looking like this:

But when I put the character on top of a background that contradicts the background color I saved it in from the character section, you clearly see an annoying outline around the character:

So this obnoxious little outline makes creating art really difficult. It makes the characters look less sharpened, they stick out, and they look plain crappy.

But if we had an option to choose a transparent background, we could ignore the process of deleting the background and having to hassle with the annoying outline. Let’s get this done for all the artists that it would help!

xoxo, Abygail

12 Likes

SUPPORT! IT’S SO ANNOYING WHEN I MAKE EDIT COVERS! WE REALLY NEED THIS

3 Likes

What app do you use to edit out the background?

Also if you want better quality, taking screenshots from the app helps

I use ibis paint and don’t have the outline problem

It’s free

1 Like

I use ibis paint and there’s still a tiny white outline. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

5d61581a3757846d9a44eee9d234d86a3042e32c_LI

If you click what I just circled & change the color of the background to a darker color like black or grey, you won’t see an outline around your character

Then change it to a different color like grey or something else, I do that all the time

1 Like

I did that but the outline is still there when I edit it

1 Like

Something similar has beem already suggested here :blush::

3 Likes

Duplicate topic closed. Refer to original linked by Alex_98 above to show support for this request! :smiley:

2 Likes