Episode Princesses

So … alongside pregnancy, bad boys, mafia, all that junk, I’ve noticed that princess stories seem to be a popular theme too.

Are y’all just as tired of this as you are of the rest of the popular themes? What do you think are some of the most overused tropes in Episode princess stories? Are there any princess stories you would recommend?

2 Likes

i don’t read the any royalty stories because they’re so boring for me. i’m tired of it just as much as the teacher student, pregnancy, mafia, etc. i see a lot of rags to riches stories which (ugh, i cannot stress this enough) i hateeeee! i just want my original plots (sometimes) :sob:

1 Like

Princess stories are ok, if they’re not cliche.

1 Like

I actually enjoy princess stories but I don’t like the basic ones that has no effort in them at all

3 Likes

The princess never cares about politics, despite the fact she’s got major political power in most stories. The only time where any actual issues are mentioned it’s just “oh, War”. We never see the actual devastation or economical problems that arise during a war, nor the long and grueling process that comes with ending a war. Usually when the princess ends a war, she just goes “and everyone lived happily ever after!” And I’m like “…when has it EVER worked like that?”

I know most people don’t mind this, since stories like these are usually fantasy and most people on the app don’t read stories for political commentary. But for someone who loves politics and an accurate portrayal of what they’re like (especially in a monarchy) this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

11 Likes

I would recommend Sundosia by Susannah.

1 Like

I mostly read sci-fi/fantasy and romance, but barely any princess stories. I think the most overused tropes are he required marriage to rule, makeover scene, and the princess being OBLIVIOUS to how running a whole country works. It’s definently not all about looking pretty and finding a suitor.

2 Likes

I’m only into princess stories a bit, one I did like was “How to be a Princess” it had many different endings and was really fun to read!

3 Likes

Thanks for all your replies, guys!

Me, personally, I’m kinda tired of the rebellious princess trope. I’m actually fed up with seeing tomboy princesses that whine about wanting to wear sneakers and pants and wanting to get dirty etc. I actually want to see more of a “feminine” princess type. If nothing else, it’ll at least get rid of the idea that a woman needs to do traditionally masculine things to be a strong role model.

1 Like

The Ruby Tiara doesn’t really count as a princess story, but it’s related to kingdom stuff soooo… is the best “princess” story I’ve read. MC’s character is just so well done.

5 Likes

I think you should go with whatever you want, but it’s really hard to get things right with princess stories.

There should be some conflict, but I prefer the conflict being more than love triangle. Like maybe the political stuff about kingdoms would be better.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with these stories in general but yeah, some of them are pretty boring. If you are looking for a unique and interesting princess story, I would recommend Subverted by Epithet.

I would recommend “The Dragon Bride” by earlgreytea and “How To Be A Princess” by Margo Vincent.

1 Like