Episode profile

I’ve switched from an iPhone to an Android phone. It’s not letting me create a new profile on episode since it won’t let me log into my old profile. Please fix this asap.

Episode is NOT able to transfer Episode Accounts between Android and iOS devices.

1 Like

Is there any chance that I can create a new account so I can continue to play episode?

Yes I believe so :smiley:

Hey there @chanel28213, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum. :smiley: You can submit a help ticket to the support team and ask them for help with this issue. :smiley:

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

You can’t transfer your account (as in- you can’t transfer the stories you’ve read or your passes and gems) but I believe support can move your profile over. They moved mine across :slight_smile:

Can you help me with it and show me the steps?

Alexis Webb

Really? It worked for me. All you have to do is sigh in google but it has to be the email you used to first.

Oh wow, OK so it’s better to do this:

Feel free to send a ticket to them explaining your situation :sparkling_heart:

Submit a ticket, i went from android to iphone a week ago and they moved my profile over but with no stories or passes.

How do I submit a ticket?

Thanks,

Alexis Webb

Check @Sydney_H’s post , click on the help ticket :slight_smile: