Episode, stop forcing us to use a limelight avator

They said they were working on a way so people could keep their ink avators. That was now over a year ago. It’s essential I keep mine as it is as it’s Alice, who my company is named after (Aliceproductions.)
When they were introduced, it took me to my avator and there was a limelight one WITHOUT a cancel button. I began to panic, because I didn’t want one, but it seemed I couldn’t exit unless I did. I almost gave up, but then I shut down the app. I can’t help but wonder how many ink authors changed it because they saw no other way to get out of the screen. It asked me (or should I say, try to force me) a few more times and I had to shut down the app more times to avoid it. It stopped, but for ages, I couldn’t even touch my profile without it taking me there (without a cancel button, of course.) so, if I had new notifications, I had to just ignore them.
Finally it stopped, but even now if I want to change clothes of my avator, it takes me to the limelight screen (without a cancel button.)
Here’s what happens when I click the avator button:
Here’s my profile:

Here’s what happens when I click the avator button:
(notice they’re not in ink style)

And here’s what I’m stuck with (note, no cancel button)

So, I can’t even change my avators clothes or face without changing it to a limelight style. I had to forcibly shut down Episode, just to show you that because I can’t exit the profile without clicking done and ruining my avator. No limelight looks even remotely like Alice and she’s very identifiable in my stories. No LL avator would do her justice and would just look like I have a different avator from my logo. I’m sick of this “use limelight or else” attitude
New users can ONLY select a limelight avator. I don’t hate limelight, but there’s room for both. Let us ink writers keep an ink avator. It’s also inappropriate for me as I have no limelight stories published.
The fact they have no cancel button (still) really makes me feel like they’re trying to force Limelight on us.

9 Likes

I agree. I want the INK one back. I don’t like Limelight but oh well. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

I feel for you. I almost gave up as I thought I had no option. I couldn’t imagine being stuck with a limelight one. It’d be horrible for me.
They said they would give that option and still haven’t a year later. I still think it’s another way of forcing people to use limelight.

1 Like

It wouldn’t let me go back but I’m okay with it, I guess. I hope they give us an option to change it to INK soon.

I certainly wouldn’t be. It might have been the straw that broke the camels back.

I agree, I still have my ink character, but it’s outdated. I would like to have the option to choose the style, maybe even classic

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I would love to change my avatar back to ink :frowning:

2 Likes

Here is a thread suggesting this. Maybe with enough support they will make it happen :smiling_face::

1 Like

Thanks I’ll repost there.
They don’t take into consideration that some people joined for INK or classic style or that some people don’t like limelight,

1 Like

Yes, they just forced limelight avatar on us :unamused: Its not fair :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I shut down my app to avoid it, but how many people wouldn’t have thought of that. It was pure desperation. Now they’re forced to have one and can’t revert. I feel for them. I was just lucky.

1 Like

I’m so scared one day I’m going to accidentally click the “done” button and be stuck permanently with it.

1 Like

They should’ve gave us an option to use an Ink character or a LL character.

There’s room for both. I can imagine how INK or classic users feel having a limelight style one. Especially if they hate it. When they were introduced, I selected the one for my logo. I can’t change my logo now as I have too many stories published.
They introduce it, get you into it, get you used to it, then tell, you it’s gone and you have to change it wheither you like it or not, it’s not fair.