Episode story // Youtube

Hey guys,

someone asked me for permission to upload my story on youtube.
On one hand, I’m glad that someone is interested in it. On the other hand, nobody will read it later on Episode, right? That’s why I shall reject it.

What do you think? Has anyone had any experience with this?
Greetings,
Jas

Update: I declined. Thank you for your sweet messages!!

8 Likes

Sharing few screenshots in Ig is all okay…but uploading complete story in youtube is unacceptable…you should simply deny it

if you dont want to ofcourse say no, personally I dont mind I said yet to a few who asked, I have yet to my story on youtube though.

I think u should agree but it all depends on you
I downloaded episode app by seeing vedios on YouTube only.
Do one thing agree but say that u don’t want whole story to be uploaded on YouTube
Like say for example allow for only 5-10 epsiodes of your story if anyone by chance sees it on YouTube then they will surely check out your story on app if they like it so this way your story will also get reads and also people who don’t have episode app will download it to read your story

I am sorry if this was too long.
Hope this will help you.

1 Like

I think don’t, because you won’t get reads girl!

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it, if I were you.
Uploading whole stories on Youtube isn’t even allowed, unless it’s a commentary.

1 Like

Don’t do it, because having your story on YouTube will make you lose reads on the App. I’ve never experienced this myself, but Ik this is a big thing for a lot of big authors, so my suggestion; do not give that person permission to upload your story on YouTube.

3 Likes

I feel like you should say no. You should upload it yourself because they can put adds on it and generate income from it.

3 Likes

Here’s the Episode guidelines regarding stories on Youtube:

"For stories created by Episode, players can upload videos to YouTube as long as there is commentary. Videos cannot be just a recording of the story.

For stories created by players/community authors, this is up to each individual author if they want someone posting their stories with commentary on YouTube.

It is not encouraged to post videos of other users’ stories, as they may be subject to copyright takedown notices, which is the author’s right to do."

12 Likes

If your story has choices, it won’t be that big a harm 'cause people will come to see what happens with the other options. Also, uploading screen recordings on YouTube of Episode Stories is not allowed. However, if the person is reading and reacting to the story, then it is okay.

4 Likes

Yup. That’s happened to me multiple times. I always just say no.

1 Like

yeah me too, I actually denied it.!

1 Like

you’re too sweet!! :heart:
I denied, but I guess because it’s my first story and already close to my heart. don’t wanna ruin things tbh…

1 Like

I’ve seen others post videos of episode story playthroughs on youtube. Personally I like to experience the story myself if it has choices and I don’t want spoilers.

yup, that’s also why I denied. Ekini was asking me btw.

okay
its your story , what u love and what u want u just do that :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I’m a little late but if this situation ever comes up again, I strongly suggest you decline. YouTube is a social platform where people can make MONEY out of simple and entertaining content, even if the original creator is a whole other person. Of course, copyright claims are still a thing but if you’re a popular content creator, there could be dozens of people with your stuff on THEIR site/channel/whatever it is. So this person could squeeze out cash from just a single video, if it gets popular enough. And the thing is, it’s YOUR story, not theirs. So if anyone’s gonna get the bucks here, it’s gotta be you.

And more than that, it’s against the Episode Guidelines:

For stories created by Episode, players can upload videos to YouTube as long as there is commentary. Videos cannot be just a recording of the story. For stories created by players/community authors, this is up to each individual author if they want someone posting their stories with commentary on YouTube. It is not encouraged to post videos of other users’ stories, as they may be subject to copyright takedown notices, which is the author’s right to do.

Also, I doubt people would want to read stories that are available on YouTube, because they could simply watch the video and find out all the deets. :eyes:

Again, I realize this is late but this is for those who have encountered this choice :joy: However, it’s your story. Therefore, it’s completely your choice so you can do how you wish! :blob_hearts:

4 Likes

You’re such a sweetheart! :two_hearts: I had a bad feeling about this too and got several reasons to decline! - and don’t worry about being late, I appreciate every advice since it’s my first story on Episode! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I personally try to reach out to authors about me posting Play Throughs or thoughts on their stories. I’ve only had one negative author about this which I understand but it’s just how rude they were about me sharing my opinion on their story which was a highly recomending for people to read through the whole story

2 Likes