Episode Team - Discrimination and Unfair Treatment?

People are just whiny brats these days, can’t do anything about it

5 Likes

My friend’s story got reported because there was a dialogue that said “groans/moans” something like that, so her story had to under-go a review.

I’ve done R4R’s with people and their stories literally had sex scenes and they’re still up. Like… ugh.

3 Likes

It’s totally unfair to the community and the guidelines.
In other words
Both Episode and authors are in the wrong, BECAUSE it clearly states in the rules of Episode to keep stories PG13 which is pretty hypocritical because Episode creates mostly inappropriate stories, and don’t follow the rules, as well as some authors who know it’s unacceptable
but still resume to write the story.

1 Like

Indeed! I know a very popular story, I kind of like it, kinda don’t, I won’t go into that. But there’s literally that exact thing happening in the story, to which I was like…Ugh…no…no…no! PLEASE GOD NO XD

3 Likes

There’s a part in a story called “Whiskey” where they start getting intimate(uhm the MC and a guy were on top of each other), and they started groaning, and scratching- it was just disgusting.

4 Likes

Oof. Here’s my big thing about why I find that problematic and why I don’t actually do much else but complain about it.

See, this sort of thing is realistic and other people really like reading it and stuff. No judgments, and I don’t like it not because of a lack of maturity, but because of literal sexual identity and orientation. Don’t know if you know what an ace is, but it’s what I am, and that’s why I personally do not like sexual scenes. It is the main reason I will not watch Game of Thrones traditionally.

But, I understand that I’m in a vast minority of people, and most people don’t quite get that I just don’t like that sort of thing for weird reasons, lol. As an understanding person, though, I would never try to take something away from people if they like it simply because it makes me uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Yeah, people have different mindsets, and if one person doesn’t like something doesn’t mean the whole story will be taken away.

1 Like

I don’t mind watching tv shows/movies that have sex scenes, I guess it just depends on the film’s targeted aged group. In this case for Episode, I get so uncomfortable when I come across sexual scenes when I read a story considering there are young children in this community who are able to read the same content I just did.

2 Likes

Hey @Sydney_H @Jeremy

This topic goes hand in hand with this one, Episode Team - Discrimination and Unfair Treatment?

Can you please merge :blush:

I completely know what you mean about Episode being hypocritical sometimes. Like, they say 13+ but you get bombarded with things like ‘It Started With a Bra’ as soon as you join.

3 Likes

Who ever reported this story for the reason that it contains sexual scenes - I can only say: Bravo! Congratulations! The story is now removed! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Why do you even read story which you don’t like? And do you even know what sexual scenes are? There was completely NONE sexual scene in story Bad News by LaurenKj, not even one!

I was looking forward for reading next chapter of that story, it’s one of the best I read lately. And know I will never know how it continues :sob: :sob: :sob:

I’m so disappointed in this community! Bravo! :clap:

16 Likes

Oh I liked that story

3 Likes

Oof, what happened?

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not related to story feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

3 Likes

I understand you’re upset about the story behind removed, but I don’t think calling out the community for everyone to see is the right thing to do about this.

13 Likes

Another story took off. :pensive:
Join the club

4 Likes

That is really sad to hear! Hopefully, Lauren can get her story back if the case was she did not have sex scenes. There will be stories that inevitably have some steamy moments but I have heard of people reporting people’s stories out of spite which is not only a really sad thing but kind of frightening for an author.

Hearing all about these stories getting reported, it is worrying.

13 Likes

Lmao I am going to censor myself a lot in my stories - I am getting worried lol :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

People report over nothing, it was probably people who aren’t even old enough to play the game. This is why people want the age boundary rising. If people can’t cope with the story because of one piece of sexual innuendo that me personally did not see during the story, then just leave it and read something else.

Rant over
= :tired_face:

14 Likes

I agree - I feel like for some stories or at least for the app there needs to be an upper limit. Like, if you are a younger user who finds these stories uncomfortable - just exit the story…?

10 Likes