Episode..you need to stop

Personally, as a reader who does purchase gems, I only make gem choices when I don’t feel bullied into it. I have gem choices in my story, but it’s absolutely possible to unlock scenes and get a good ending even if you never purchase 1 gem!

When I read if I really like a story I might pay to get a bonus scene because I love it, but I’m not going to do it if the main LI is going to tell you that your outfit looks like garbage just because I didn’t spend money in-game. I mean who wants that kind of LI anyway?

I know people are talking about readers leaving the app. I don’t know how accurate that is, but if it is true I’ll bet this has something to do with it.

7 Likes

episode really likes to toot their own horns. The authors seem like such lovely people, I don’t think they have anything to do with the ridiculous prices. I’m getting sick of it. the age demographic for episode is teenage years. teens dont have the time or money to buy 6 million gems just so they can kiss the LI.

10 Likes

True I mean if you wanna support the author I can understand that but for buying an outfit and if u don’t to get looked at or feel like trash like ik it’s a thing that your supposed to buy the best option so u don’t feel that way but still most teens read episode and most of us are already broke or going to be broke if we keep having to use our money for gems for little things .

3 Likes

Episode Originals would be vastly improved if they ended like Shakespeare plays.

The MCs are all so boring and rude!! Who would want to date them? They’re as manipulative as the LIs when you don’t pick the gem options.

5 Likes

Certain gem choices are so irritating and completely unnecessary. I understand 5 gems but why spend 30 for a basic outfit. Honestly :expressionless:

9 Likes

Imagine adolescents being rude, cocky, reckless and doesn’t dress properly for the event because Episode says that it’s an option :skull:
I’m imagining a new breed of Reginas.

6 Likes

The company needs a way to make revenue, and Episode Originals are a huge part of that, I guess.

3 Likes

I’m not even surprised Episode would go that low. This is why I rarely play it nowadays.

5 Likes

Another bad thing is that newer players will think it’s ok to make the good ending cost gems because they saw it in Episode Originals, so now we’ll get stories where that’s a thing (I imagine there are romance and drama stories out there like this).

4 Likes

Oh no…

1 Like

This is simply me speculating. I don’t read those genres much, but I imagine it has happened. I have no proof, though.

1 Like

Well I’m currently reading Bachelorette Weekend (only for free gems and free shards) and what you are speculating seems to be the case so far (haven’t chosen any of the gem choices). :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

2 Likes

Me when Episode Originals are by and large unoriginal

2 Likes

I 101% support this it drives me extra crazy as well!

1 Like

I agree :frowning:

1 Like

I agree with you, like why do I have to pay 29 gems just to get a outfit to impress my prince!?!?

5 Likes

Well, that’s seriously fucked up for having to spend gems to get the happy ending, and I must say that those Episode authors are getting greedy, and as I always tell the Episode community, you shouldn’t set up gem choices except where to A) support the author and B) buy points. Those are the only gem choices I recommend.

6 Likes

I agree!

1 Like

Not from my experience. The few stories I read I got the good ending without spending a single gem. Maybe I just got lucky.

I’ve read many stories on Episode, and I don’t recall having to spend one gem to get the more satisfying ending. Now of course, I’ve encountered stories where I have get enough points to do so, but never have I had to spend gems. Just for the record, I was only speaking against this one particular story.

1 Like