Episode's 2017 Diversity Standards: where are the matching lip colors for Limelight dark skin?

lmao who are you to decide if it’s a “non problem”. It is a problem for poc and people who create poc characters.

23 Likes

This. So very much.

6 Likes

I like black gloss for my character but in desperate need of a nude lip for my skin tone in LL. Also the matte black has a weird undertone

7 Likes

It would be a problem if there was only a pure ivory shade for lighter skin tones. For a while, Episode has (noticeably) kept lip colors/features/hairstyles for black players/characters (from my perspective) as an afterthought. It’s not fair to them to have lip shades that do not match, when I choose my skin tone and need a lip color, I have practically all 55 colors to choose from. I don’t think most of the people in this thread can say the same.
It may be ‘just a game’ to you, but it’s 2018. What happened to the diversity standards? Episode has been around for four (?) years now. They should be able to have things correct by now. Especially since they re-did all of the skin tones. I guess the same can’t be said for the lips.

Also, I apologize if I have any information wrong. All love. :black_heart:

13 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support! Episode has constantly had this issue. First it was it with INK and now with Limelight. They need to work on this.

8 Likes

What fair skin friends? We have a lot of lipsticks that go with fair skin, I have fair skin myself, lmao.

5 Likes

All of them can go with any skin tone, but there’s no normal natural looking ones for fair skin, or even a skintone like mine.

1 Like

is-that-so-cmcvq3

:slight_smile:

25 Likes

It looks like pin the tail on the donkey, but only it’s stick the unrealistic lip shades on characters.
Like it literally doesn’t look like it’s lips! Just a sticker or something

15 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

images

15 Likes

Guys for fuck’s sake, if you want to call each other “triggered SJWs” or whatever the hell, can you move it to the DMs. For once, I’d like to read a thread about Episode being incompetent that isn’t derailed by everyone arguing.

5 Likes

I wish i can be as smart as you…thanks for the unsoliciated opinion on what we go through

13 Likes

Tell me about it! All of the shading that appears with lighter skin tones just DISAPPEARS with darker ones

11 Likes

So I went to the portal to check it.
I created character with the skin tone gold09 I found overall 12 lip colors,both nude and colored.
U see the thing with darker skin color, it is natural that there are less lip colors, it’s just a thing bout color. The same thing with blond hair and dark hair - u can color ur hair any way with blond, but not all will work with dark brown or black. So while I think they could add these dark azure/blue and other weird colors that are in ink, I think this is out of proportion.
P. S. Most likely u disagree with me. If so, and u feel the need to comment, stay civilized, and explain why u think I am wrong.

3 Likes

I 100% agree with you. Episode needs to get their crap together and focus on diversity like they said that they would. I don’t even know what to expect from them anymore.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong or right. This post is entirely subjective so it makes sense that people would agree or disagree. If they attack you it’s out of ignorance.

For the natural lip colors: it’s not only for dark skin people, it’s for all. I always have trouble making men when picking a natural lip color… be it dark, medium or light. There are like 50 skins and only 12 natural colors.

For lipstick: this is subjective but i wouldnt mind more darker colors. If I make myself or a dark skin character (not episodes random character maker lol) according to the dark tone I use: Matte/Gloss: Rose, Plum, Dark Red, Black and Violet. What I’ve realized (from screen shots) is that even the lighter toned characters use the darker tones a lot as well. I’m sure everyone can benefit from more dark lip colors.

I’m a “Tomboy” IRL so i don’t care for lipstick too much and I’m an Epi-hoe so I care more about the natural lip colors for the guys so that they look more kissable! :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I’d like to refer you to the pictures above.

6 Likes

I think part of the issue is that this was an issue in the past for INK. It was addressed and we got those new lipstick colours for darker skins. Now LL has been released and we’re facing the same problem again. It’s like they didn’t learn from last time.

8 Likes

Well, yeah. I have more trouble picking nude color for males, especially with light ones. I guess they could work on whole nude color thing

3 Likes