Episode's 2017 Diversity Standards

Wat do u mean “acheived” diversity? Wat happend

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thought i missed an update x3 cuz nothing has changed

People are treated badly everywhere. Racism and many other stuff can happen everywhere. Do not make fun or poke at other struggles just because of what I stated and that you disagree. And don’t say you aren’t because how you said it clearly shows you are. Number 4 is 100% true but people choose not to and be rude to us by not representing us. I know, it’s dumb but they are being racist and ignorant. That’s one of the issues people have addressed a lot.

People can have personal problems on the forums too. You’re right, they can solve it outside it or in the Dm’s. But I will say one of the problems here that everyone might have is minorities being underrepresented by Episode so I don’t claim it as personal.

And I hope they start blocking people with such ignorance and attitudes too. People discriminate others a lot on here and it’s annoying. The silencing is crucial and sickening.

I have to say. The biggest diversity yet to be achieved here is not a race, or nationality… But basic personality dang it diversity.

I’d say they lack in every area but oh my gosh personality is the biggest thing, preach!!!

amen bro/sis

May we all just agree to disagree here? Yes. The world sucks and we all still have problems with diversity over many standards. Sitting here and arguing about it doesn’t make it better. We’re making progress at having the world be a better place one step, lesson, and discussion at a time. I believe Episode themselves is working at this too, or they better be because they’re getting serious hate for it. People can be ignorant and stupid, but just yelling at them for being that way doesn’t help either. Arguing isn’t fun and everybody has different mindsets. Thank you! :heart:

The features are good (could be better, but we’re improving!), but it doesn’t mean much if Episode themselves never actually use them correctly. We have diverse features, but not diverse featured stories. The one featured story we were promised with a black main character who couldn’t be whitewashed got screwed over because they thought it wasn’t profitable enough, the one featured story with actual (aka you couldn’t opt out with one option) lesbian representation got little to no publicity after its initial release and then lost its featured status after it was completed, and the few promises for stories listed in the original post of this thread that were actually fulfilled turned out to be massive letdowns, and often had token “diverse” characters who were walking collections of stereotypes (such as the Korean fashion designer in Clueless).

Yes, community authors have the option to write diverse stories, but it doesn’t mean much when Episode themselves treat us as lesser for doing so. The burden shouldn’t fall on minorities to create their only representation in fiction. When you’re the only one representing yourself, you still feel invisible for it.

I also saw later in this thread that you said we’re all the same? While I get the whole “we’re all human beings” sentiment, we’re also all different people. Diversity is about acknowledging and celebrating differences. Keeping quiet about our differences and treating them like some kind of taboo only holds back groups that are still struggling for equality.

If you think this is what diversity looks like you’re not very observant…

What I constantly see here, on this forum, especially in threads with sensitive topics… People who are “most diversity-supporting” just can’t get past someone’s opinion if it is different. That person might be wrong, his/her experience is different form yours, you don’t have to get all aggressive and call them out. Learn to have a civilized discussion, without being douchebags.

Most ppl(ppl who dont “support” diversity) only come here to make snide remarks regarding diversity though not to discuss

i was saying the opposite thing. The ones who claim to be the most supportive, come here to get offended and butthurt and end up being pretentious assholes.

Ah sorry misunderstood x3