Episode's 2017 Diversity Standards

Some of the audience doesn’t care for it but that doesn’t mean all of us don’t. There is a high amount of readers striving and wanting diversity. And like @Willowbean said. Readers are part of the audience. Kinda confused about that last part.

1 Like

Saaaaame. I severely damaged my hair straightening it in high school, and now I can’t wear it naturally. I would love to have my hair from when I was 14 back.

I don’t have much hope for curly hair, though. I’d love some long, 3a curls, but the closest thing they seem to have now is the current sausage curl style, which is… I dunno. The unreleased styles they consider curly mostly look like straight hair that’s been introduced to a very large curling iron.

3 Likes

Especially sine Episode needs to be aware there are some Biracial and racially ambiguous people using their app. They need to give us stuff to represent them.

2 Likes

How can I make Afro-Latina characters when they haven’t even given me a good-lookin’ Semi-Afro?

YES!

When I had hair like hers in school, my classmates called me names and teased me endlessly. Now so much of that hair is gone from being ripped out, and it’ll never look the same when I wear it naturally.

Example

It would mean a lot for Episode to have hair like this, as well as other naturally curly varieties of hair.

7 Likes

That hair is very cute and I’ll be nice to have it. Like, c’mon. It’s not gonna be so hard.

4 Likes

Instead we have like four versions of the “long wavy blowout” potentially down the line. Which, you know, are perfectly fine hairstyles, but come on…

4 Likes

Some hair like what they do at afro punk wpuld be awesome
Cute/fun still natrual

3 Likes

The hairs are so cute. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

the curly hair feature requests have been up for a while with lots of support.

come on Episode, what are you doing.

we’ve pretty much outlined the exact hair we want but we keep getting curling iron curls.
(which are still lovely but not we’re asking)

5 Likes

Just like how they said that they work on a pipeline of request but for years we’ve been requesting ethnic hairstyles and they even addressed our requests on this nearly TWO YEAR OLD thread! You know what this tells us?

That they’re prioritizing coffee shirts over these requests they said they would fulfill almost two years ago. The more I think about it the more messed up it is. Like look at all those new hairstyles they have in the featured stories, and none of them are ethnic. :woman_shrugging: I don’t believe anything they are going to say from here on out, because they obviously don’t care :grin: Guess all of my characters are gonna have relaxed hair…

6 Likes

And they said they are “working on it.” NOW!? Now you are?! After you made this thread two years ago!? Amh :woman_facepalming:t5:

6 Likes

The fact that they worked on so much before they even started…thats what gets me

2 Likes

Is this topic no longer pinned? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Oh wow. It isn’t. See that? That’s some messed up junk.

11 Likes

yAS

I have that hair, it’s just shorter and lighter.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

Best to not make assumptions. Whoever pinned it initially didn’t select “forever” for it to be pinned and it auto unpinned itself as it was supposed to do. I went ahead and just repinned it and selected “forever” so it stays up until we decide to take it down. No ill will or negative vibes were meant to be expressed by it being unpinned. Thanks for understanding. :peace_symbol:

1 Like

There’s a forever button? :open_mouth:

1 Like