Episode's 2017 Diversity Standards

Exactly you can’t just “be patient” I’ve been on episode since like 2013/2014, and from 4/5 years on this platform/game, they have released two other STYLES, when they could’ve been working on diverse clothes/hair/skin colors. But no! They haven’t! Spending time on more diverse stuff on episode is long over due…

9 Likes

I like this idea, could you maybe give the option of size as well as in weight and hight

2 Likes

There are multiple threads asking for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. I’ve had people tell me that they’re still releasing stuff and to be patient. That only works for LimeLight. INK they have no excuse.

1 Like

Especially when loads of people play it. I don’t get why Episode is ignoring the people asking for diverse body types. The topic pops up everywhere and no one’s noticed? What the hell? I try to be as diverse as I can, but it’s hard to make gender diverse characters with the body types we’ve been given.

4 Likes

I posted this question elsewhere, but what does everyone think of the idea of limited customisation in terms of diversity? My character’s heritage (though made up) is important to her, and it is essential that she has dark skin, but there are other elements of her features that you can change. Do you think this is a good middle ground?

6 Likes

noah fence but can yall do this instead of doing those stories promoting gangs and stuff? wouldn’t it be better if on an app that children and pre teens play that you stop promoting and glorifying illegal things and started promoting equality, racial justice, LGBTQ+ rights? you have a platform with thousands to millions of users, now use it correctly.

8 Likes

A little thought: I have a mental disorder, but it hits me so minimally that I barely notice it in my everyday life. Does that mean that I can be part of this “I’m diverse”-community?

5 Likes

Is mixed person a POC? The answer is yes. Do you have a mental disorder? Yes. Answer to your question is yes.

7 Likes

Thank you for that :relieved:

2 Likes

…and tea has been sipped
Nice to see how much has changed over the year

1 Like

The real tea :joy:

1 Like

we’re still waiting :fairy: i really encourage u guys to branch out with your diversity, many of the featured stories are stereotyping it or are just ignoring it! i’d love to see some real diversity in your stories. :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

could you update the body shape? I mean in all episodes everyone’s bodyshape is the same, perfect. BORING! In fact some stories would run better with a little body-type diversty. ike gives uptions to make them ore curvy, thinner, fatter, things like that. Seriously, after all no one has a perfect body shape…:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow::grimacing::grimacing::sweat::sweat:

13 Likes

Literally, there are so many threads and people asking for it, but nothing has been done. I know it takes a long time to implement these things, but they could at least give us a clue as to if they are doing it or not. Sooo frustrating :roll_eyes::grimacing:

6 Likes

IKR, it would be so helpful. But they haven’t given us a clue so U can’t like write it in my storyline and be like, “Oh, they’ll finish soon! I’ll just get started now!”

2 Likes

i agree. why does every single person have to have the ideal body shape? i wish we could make people thicker, more curvy, skinnier, etc. not everyone has the ideal perfect body shape :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Waits for diversity…seriously its been a while since anythings happened…wheres the Korean story tht was promised?
I wish we got better braids where it doesnt look like we are balding in between the scalp and more afro puffs/hairstyles

8 Likes

I totally agree

2 Likes

This was one of the promises :heart:

And since Episode didn’t post Diversity standards for 2018, here are my suggestions:

1. All included from photo I posted above: monthly new hairstyles, different cultures outfits, body/face structures (freckles etc)
  2. New staying shelf called: DIVERSITY. 2 stories will be selected from suggestions on forum, 2 from Instagram and 5 from Episode Team. Shelf will be changed once a month.
  3. Monthly new overlays, which will help provide diverse characters: cane, wheelchair…

Anything else? :smiley:

11 Likes