Episode's Community Guidelines (Updated 8/2020)

I’ve been in the community since 2015. A big part of the community 2015-2017 on instagram and involved in a lot of drama (I don’t tolerate bullying so i have to speak up) and although there was a lot of drama back then there was more of a sense of community than now. We had so many games and role playing games and group chats etc a lot of that has been lost unfortunately

1 Like

I agree. People have a right to report and that’s it, without arguing if writer doesn’t listen.

Arguing? No. But they still have the right to be upset and angry at you if you disrespect them or their minority group, and they have the right to ask the Episode team to check the situation and help out if your content is indeed harmful.

Also, just a reminder, if the community tells an author something they wrote is offensive and the author doesn’t fix it, the community is not going to like the author, support them or read their stories. I don’t mean bullying or harassment, of course, as this is wrong. But if you offend people, they’re not going to appreciate it and they won’t want to support you or consume the content you put out.

Also, reminder that this is what could happen to an author who is rightfully reported for hurting a minority group or for using harmful stereotypes in either their stories or social media.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s true! It’s gone! That is so strange, how are we supposed to report a problem? Just through tapping a story? @Melani3

1 Like

I checked the app against n and they’ve pretty much just buried it. You have to go to “Help” then scroll down to here :point_down:t3:

Tap on “how to file a support ticket”

And then it’s there at the bottom. You need to go through a lot webpages to file it now

3 Likes

I do think we can report a story by opening the large cover and description and tapping the ”…”

Do not report this story though, I find it quite helpful :eyes::rofl:

But I do agree that we need the ”report a problem” button back. Because if a community member is being racist on Instagram for example, we need a place to report it. Also, I used that option to send support tickets regardless so I really hope we’ll see it back!

2 Likes

I’ve tried seeing how reporting a story works, but every time I try to type in stuff explaining the reason, I’m unable to see the words I’m typing out. All I get is a black box.

2 Likes

That’s strange, it’s white for me. Could it be a result of a ”dark mode” phone? Do you use dark mode?

2 Likes

I can’t do that on Android :woman_shrugging:t2:. Besides support tickets are not just reporting stories and authors. We need to do it if there are glitches in the previewer or if our progress gets lost or any other technical reason.

3 Likes

You can’t report stories on Android??? :anguished::anguished::anguished: That is a serious problem!

With everything else- 110% agree! We need that button back!

1 Like

We haven’t been able to report stories on Android since they did that update a few months ago and removed share links and stuff. I’ve been filing support tickets since March to report stories and bullying and stuff :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That’s the reason. I don’t use light mode that much because it kind of hurts my eyes. I’m kind of baffled at the amount of issues with the reporting system, especially on Android.

3 Likes

This is awful. We really need this option back ASAP. Honestly the Episode team are doing Android users dirty with all the bugs and issues and absence of features Apple users have. I hope all issues get fixed soon!

2 Likes

I highly encourage you to send a support ticket about it, maybe they can fix this in the next update. Also, if there’s a black box, there should at least be white text :grimacing::grimacing: It’s pretty simple to solve I assume?

1 Like

It seems pretty simple. Hopefully, they’ll respond.

1 Like

This is why I’m glad they added the point about weaponizing the community/content reporting system :raised_hands:

5 Likes

I believe it’s been mentioned before that anon confession threads aren’t allowed but you’d have to ask Nick and Sydney to be sure. I don’t know how the last one got to stay up so long but there’s a chance they missed it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Same! I’m hoping it’ll help make things more fair at the very least. :grin:

2 Likes

Submit a ticket

Just don’t be surprised if they don’t deem paid promo to be against guidelines :woman_shrugging:

It can be confusing what to say sometimes from experience I think you’re better off not saying anything at all it depends on the situation