Episode's Error Loading

Episode isn’t working for me and it only shows the ‘Error Loading’ screen. :slightly_frowning_face: I have no idea what I’m supposed to do since I’ve done everything else; from filing a support ticket and restarting my router. They told me that the problem might be the internet connection but my signal works perfectly fine with my other applications that require Wi-Fi. I’ve been playing Episode for four years and this is the first time this ever happened to me. ://

5 Likes

Omg, I thought it was just me. I’ve been going through the same thing too and I thought I haven’t updated the app. It keeps on going out of the app!

3 Likes

the same thing happened to me some time back, you can try restarting your phone if it doesn’t work just wait for a day or something (i could open the app after a day) or check if your app is updated :white_heart:

3 Likes

I restarted my phone but it still didn’t work. I also tried updating the app & the software (I don’t even know if that’s going to help) and it’s been a day. :confused: It still isn’t working… I’m going to wait for a week, though. I saw some people here that said it took them a week for Episode to be able to function properly.

3 Likes

same its been going on for 3 months now:(

2 Likes

thats too long :flushed: did you send episode a ticket?

2 Likes

same!! i also restarted my router numerous times and i even deleted the app but it still doesn’t work. Episode also won’t load on my other devices. I’ll also try submitting a support ticket because I’m going crazy not being able to use the app :((

3 Likes

I hope Episode will be able to fix this problem so we can all resume reading the stories. :slightly_frowning_face: All they said when I filed a support ticket was what we’re currently doing now; restarting the router, uninstalling the app and such. I don’t think their responses were of any help. Let’s just hope by the next days, the app will let us in.

3 Likes

Heyy I just got a response from Episode about this. They told me it’s because I have multiple devices connected :sweat_smile: If you did this too then that is probably why we’re experiencing this problem.

They restored the app for me but my dumb self didn’t notice their email first and made the restore fail because I opened the app when they told me not to.

They’re restoring it again for me. Maybe you should try sending another ticket so that they can restore the app for you too :heart:

2 Likes

Sorry for being slow but what do you mean by multiple devices? Also, I can request to restore the app? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Multiple devices meaning I have the same account log in on my phone, iPad and another phone. Before, I didn’t think doing that would be a problem :rofl: Did you do that too?

Yes, they told me they will restore my app. Although, I requested it again because I wasn’t able to read their email early and opened the app accidentally when I was supposed to just keep it closed so my restore was cancelled. You should try emailing them again and maybe try to mention how they handled mine if they give you the same response that just tells you to restart your router.

1 Like

Oh, my account on Episode is new so I haven’t connected it to other devices. I e-mailed them just now about restoring the app. Thank you for telling me about this! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Ask them to clear your gamestate. Happened to me too, there were stories that whenever I tried open them give me the error retrieving story message. After a lot of tickets about checking my WiFi, reinstalling my app, etc, they told me that they could clear my gamestate or sth else which I don’t remember

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll definitely e-mail them about that. <3

Hey girl. How’s your app? Is it working now?

It’s been weeks for me and even though they restarted my app it still doesn’t work. After numerous fails of restarting my app they’re now just telling me to restart my router. Like girl. That ish don’t work.

I never encountered something like this before with other apps. I really hate this, I haven’t read anything for so long…

Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work when I’m only connected to the Wi-Fi. I don’t think Episode’s going to fix this. But I can access the app now because of VPN Super. You should download it because it actually works lol. Sometimes it’s slow but I’m able to get in the app nevertheless. :blush: I hope you’ll be able to play with the VPN!

1 Like

OMG trying this now… Thank you! Episode really frustrated me with what they’re recommending me to do :sob:

1 Like

Oh my gosh it worked​:sob::sob: Idk if this is the same VPN as you are saying, is it SuperVPN? cause the other VPN super is paid so I dipped :rofl: But this SuperVPN works thoo thank you!!

1 Like

Yep! I use that. At least now we can play lol You’re welcomeee <33

1 Like

quick question, does your story progress save like when u read this episode the progress saves, mine always seems to restart:<<