Error placing Overlay

What I’m doing wrong?

When I place this the error appears and whenever i put shift and scale the overlay moves and I don’t want it to move because is a pile of paper, can someone help me Please?

ERROR2-1

1 Like

If you want to add the overlay on the same line as the background, you’ll have to do something like this:

INT. BATHROOM - DAY with INT. TAPED WALL COCOON - DAY to .280 Y Z in zone 1

“Y” and “Z” stand for the shift coordinates. (for example: @overlay INT. TAPED WALL COCOON shifts to 20 40". 20 is Y and 40 is Z in this case.)

Or you can just do this:

INT. BATHROOM - DAY with INT. TAPED WALL COCOON - DAY in zone 1
@overlay INT. TAPED WALL COCOON - DAY scales to .280 .280 in zone 1 in 0

1 Like

It keeps happening

And one second later it got positioned but the reader will see when it moves

Could you send a picture of your script?

1 Like

To have an overlay already in the scene from the beginning you have to add the overlay next to the background using this format:

Just plug in the numbers.
% is the scale (the scale needs to be entered in only once)
x y are the shift coordinates

1 Like

I’ll change the scene it keeps happening :pensive::pensive: thank you anyways for your help.

Can you post a screenshot of your script. It’s a lot easier to see what the issue is

1 Like

It was this but I changed as you suggested and know is Working but I can’t place the overlay where i want so i decided to move the character where the overlay is now

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this involves coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

Write it like this:

INT.BATHROOM-DAY with INT. TAPED WALL COCOON to 0.352 142 320 in zone 1

1 Like

I just found it! :joy::joy: i wasn’t including the shift numbers I’m sorry I feel so dumb :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.