Error that's probably super normal but lots of my friends (And I) keep having?

I only created this as a new topic instead of posting under someone else’s help post because I think a lot of people are confused. I know this is probably a weird thing that I’m missing (I’m basically running on coffee here so there’s a little excuse) but could someone help? Thanks!
The error message says there isn’t a matching “{” to finish the one on line 218. If anyone could tell me what I’m missing or if it’s a coffee-induced-world-of-craziness, that would be a lot of help30%20PM

You need to move the character’s name forward 8 spaces

egformistakelady

Ok, I was confused about this too.

it’s actually “}” this one.

Ok, so when you have choices you usually have like three different choices options to choose from ex:

choice

“Shoes”{

}“Shoes2”{

}“Shoes 3”{

You have to END (like completely) end the choice by putting a “}” at the end as a way of “closing off” the choice, otherwise the last choice- choice 3- the “shoes 3” continues with all your other- except as one big choice with all your other dialogue.

Here’s an example.

GOOD CHOICE:

choice

“shoes 1” {
I want shoes 1

}“Shoes 2” {

I like shoes 2

}“Shoes 3”{

I like shoes 3

}

BAD CHOICE:

I want shoes 1

}“Shoes 2” {

I like shoes 2

}“Shoes 3”{

I like shoes 3

Narrator
Ok great, now that you finished your choices lets move on.

Character
bla bla bla bal

ok, so the narrator talking and the character talking is now part of choice 3, because we didn’t separate them with the “}” and it HAS to be this one - }, otherwise it messes up.

also, you have to put the ending } on another line, not on the line of dialogue like you did.

BAD EXAMPLE:
AUTUMN
No, its not!}- not this

GOOD EXAMPLE:
AUTUMN
No, it’s not!

}
Yay

Oh my god I think I love you! (Not really but you just saved my life)

Haha, I had to figure this out to by myself, I couldn’t figure out why you put a bracket at the end