Error: Will my story not be able to publish with this background

Using the INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE PARTIAL DESK OL - DAY background, I get an error saying it is not a background or an overlay or is it misspelled. This background was used in the Demi Lovato series I’m pretty sure, and when I preview the story it works. I haven’t published the story yet because I’m only one episode one, but I’m concerned it won’t publish because of this error. If you need screenshots let me know, I’m just curious to why I can use it but it still comes up with an error. Thanks again.

Also, I got the background from one of the playable guides from episode that appear in the your stories tab. I was looking for a background for an interview and I thought it suited it.

I think its INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY

When I copied the script from the guide, it used that one after using the INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE PARTIAL DESK OL - DAY and INT. FLIPPED AGENTS OFFICE OL - DAY

INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE PARTIAL DESK OL - DAY (this is the errored background)
@zoom reset
@PRINCIPAL spot 1.23 268 45 in zone 1
@PRINCIPAL faces left
@BROOKLYN spot 1.34 92 -84 in zone 1
@BROOKLYN starts idle_rear AND BROOKLYN faces left
@cut to zone 1
@zoom on 320 560 to 120% in 0

@speechbubble reset
@speechbubble is 206 259 to 100% with tail_top_right

PRINCIPAL (talk_think)
Why should I hire you?

@speechbubble reset
@speechbubble is 137 137 to 100% with tail_top_left

BROOKLYN (idle_rear)
I am eager to help students recover their education.

@speechbubble reset
@speechbubble is 206 259 to 100% with tail_top_right
@BROOKLYN starts idle_rear

PRINCIPAL (talk_neutral)
What are your strengths?

@speechbubble reset

INT. FLIPPED AGENTS OFFICE OL - DAY
@zoom reset
@BROOKLYN spot 2.390 85 -590 in zone 1
@BROOKLYN faces right
@cut to zone 1
@zoom on 0 337 to 105% 0

BROOKLYN (talk_gossip)
I have great communication skills and patience.

INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY
@cut to zone 1
@zoom reset
@PRINCIPAL spot 1.23 268 45
@PRINCIPAL faces left
@zoom on 320 446 to 185% in 0
@PRINCIPAL is think
@pause for a beat

PRINCIPAL (talk_read_paper)
Next question...

Well, I’m pretty sure INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE PARTIAL doesn’t exist or is a glitched background, only to be used in Episode Official stories, if you try to use it, it’ll only work in the previewer, not when you publish

I actually copied INT. MUSIC AGENT OFFICE DESK OL - DAY from the art catalog, so this one should work…

Okay, thanks

1 Like

I’ll see what happens. If it doesn’t publish, I’ll remove it. It suited my story the most

This used to happen to me a lot. I ended up refreshing the page and it worked or I just wouldn’t use them at all. good luck ((:

Thanks

I have gone ahead and moved this thread to Directing Help & Tips since that is what you are asking for. Can you confirm if your error has been resolved? Thanks!

Yes it has been resolved

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.