Error with an overlay loop command

I get the error: “Loop command can only be used with Overlay Animation commands” and i don’t know what I am doing wrong…
This is the code:

EXT. POLICE STATION - NIGHT with POLICE LIGHT BLUE in zone 3 with POLICE LIGHT RED in zone 3

&overlay POLICE LIGHT BLUE shifts to 41 200 AND overlay POLICE LIGHT BLUE scales to 0.088 0.088 AND overlay POLICE LIGHT RED shifts to 15 204 AND overlay POLICE LIGHT RED scales to 0.088 0.088

&overlay POLICE LIGHT BLUE opacity 0 in 0 AND overlay POLICE LIGHT RED opacity 1 in 0 AND pause for 0.5 THEN overlay POLICE LIGHT BLUE opacity 1 in 0 AND overlay POLICE LIGHT RED opacity 0 in 0 AND pause for 0.5 loop INFINITE times

You can’t use AND for loop commands. You’ll have to change it to THEN.
Also you can’t use pauses within these commands. You can replace the pause by repeating the last thing for the amount of time you need. Example of a 0.5s “pause”:

&overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0.5

The command after THEN is an “artificial” pause, because it does the same again, so it’s not visible to the reader. You can of course also do it with shifting and scaling. I hope this helps :hugs:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.