Errors in Scripting Overlays

I have been scripting a story that requires lots of overlays. Everything went smoothly until it neared to the end. So, here are the problems…

Problem #1: I used lots of the same overlays in my story (not sure if that affects anything) and I wanted to clear all of the overlays in one scene. I typed “&overlay OVERLAYNAME clear” (not what I actually typed) thrice because I used the same overlay thrice. Now here’s where the problem comes. When I previewed it on the app, it kept on saying stage view errors and stuff. And only one of the same overlays were cleared and the rest weren’t.

Problem #2: In a scene, my overlays are appearing late. I don’t actually know why, but this is how my script looked like (this is just an example, if I put ------, that means I am too lazy to write the actual thing).
@zoom on – to – in 10
&overlay OVERLAYNAME create
&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to -----
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to -----
&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 1
&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to -----
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to -----

And so on and so forth. I’m not sure but I think the problem is that I have to keep using ‘and’ in that. But like I said, I’m not sure.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Well I don’t know how to help you with the first problem, but in the second I think you need to put a"&" instead of the “@” for the zoom.

For problem #1, it sounds like some type of glitch so maybe submit a ticket and see if they can help you. Did you upload multiples of the same overlay in different names or are you trying to use the same overlay multiple times in the same scene?

For problem #2, for the opacity change it to this. When you put in 1 it takes a second to appear, in 0 means it should appear right away. If you want the overlay to appear as you zoom you also need to change the zoom to & instead of @.

&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 0

Moved to Directing Help & Tips as that’s where scripting questions live! :v:t2:

I’ll try that, thanks!

I used the same overlay multiple times.

I fixed all of them! None of the suggested ones worked but when I combined what both of you said, it actually worked (xD). I just made multiple overlays which look the same for the problem. Thanks!

I’ll tag @Jeremy to close this thread.

Glad this got resolved! Closing :v:t2: