Errors in Scripting Overlays

I have been scripting a story that requires lots of overlays. Everything went smoothly until it neared to the end. So, here are the problems…

Problem #1: I used lots of the same overlays in my story (not sure if that affects anything) and I wanted to clear all of the overlays in one scene. I typed “&overlay OVERLAYNAME clear” (not what I actually typed) thrice because I used the same overlay thrice. Now here’s where the problem comes. When I previewed it on the app, it kept on saying stage view errors and stuff. And only one of the same overlays were cleared and the rest weren’t.

Problem #2: In a scene, my overlays are appearing late. I don’t actually know why, but this is how my script looked like (this is just an example, if I put ------, that means I am too lazy to write the actual thing).
@zoom on – to – in 10
&overlay OVERLAYNAME create
&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to -----
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to -----
&overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 1
&overlay OVERLAYNAME shifts to -----
&overlay OVERLAYNAME scales to -----

And so on and so forth. I’m not sure but I think the problem is that I have to keep using ‘and’ in that. But like I said, I’m not sure.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Well I don’t know how to help you with the first problem, but in the second I think you need to put a"&" instead of the “@” for the zoom.

Moved to Directing Help & Tips as that’s where scripting questions live! :v:t2:

I’ll try that, thanks!

I used the same overlay multiple times.

I fixed all of them! None of the suggested ones worked but when I combined what both of you said, it actually worked (xD). I just made multiple overlays which look the same for the problem. Thanks!

I’ll tag @Jeremy to close this thread.

Glad this got resolved! Closing :v:t2: